Proposal (Part 3 Don't Leave)

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this part!
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
~5 Year Timeskip~
   You are twenty one and still best friends with Leo. As much as you tried avoiding him because of Calypso, he always came to you. That's right! Leo and Calypso are still together.

  Leo is twenty two. He and Calypso both have their own apartment in New Rome. So do you. You are both neighbors, which Calypso doesn't like. Leo refused to move though because you were his best friend after all.

  Anyways, you were sitting at your desk in your apartment doing homework for college. Your major was writing because you can write some pretty amazing fanfictions.

  You were writing an essay about an author. You chose Rick Riordan because you loved the Kane Chronicles and the first Magnus Chase book. You loved how he uses all different kinds of mythology and makes a story to it. That's what you want to do, except with your depressing story.

  You hear your phone go off from your bed. You got off your spinny chair and walked over to your bed and picked up your phone. Leo made you a demigod safe phone. You turned on your phone and saw that you got a text from Leo.

Leo: Hey. Can I come over? I need your help with something and Calypso's at work.

You: Sure! :)

Leo: Okay! I'll be right there!

  You set your phone back on your bed and went back over to your desk to continue your homework. Someone knocked on the door and you opened it to reveal Leo. You let Leo inside and he sat on your bed while you were still in your chair.

"Hey Leo! What's the question you have to ask me?" You said with a smile on your face.

"Okay...um...I need your help on ideas for proposing to Calypso."

"Oh...I don't know...just do something simple I guess...she hates me so she won't like any of my suggestions..." You said as your heart was being stomped on by Aphrodite.

"I don't care if she hates you. You are my best friend and I know you have a suggestion. Also, will you come with me when I propose? I need you to record it."

"I guess...maybe you could ask her where you want to kiss her and then at the end say: In front of everybody at our wedding when we both say I do?"

"That's a great idea! Thanks!" Leo said as he gave you a hug. You hugged back and simply nodded.

"Leo?"

"Hm?"

"When are you going to propose to her?"

"Tomorrow night. Don't worry I'll come get you."

"Okay..."

  Leo walked out your door, leaving you sad and wanting to punch Aphrodite for stupid love. 'Why is it only me who can't find love? Piper has Jason, Percy has Annabeth, Hazel has Frank, and Nico has Will. Why me?' You thought as tears were gracefully falling down your face.

  You were not ready to face tomorrow night. You were afraid that you would break down right then and there once she says yes.

  It was getting late, so you decided to go to bed. You picked out a pair of pajamas and got changed. You jumped in your bed and plugged in your phone to charge overnight. You put it on some music because it helps you sleep. You put it on the song "Drowning Shadows" by Sam Smith, because that's how you felt. (It's one of my favorite songs. You guys should listen to it!)

  You drifted off into a sleep. Of course there were nightmares. They weren't  just any nightmares though, they were nightmares of Leo never loving you.

Timeskip~the next night
   Leo came and knocked on your door. You opened it and he smiled at you. You knew exactly what time it was. He pulled out the ring and showed you. It was a beautiful diamond ring with little diamonds surrounding the big one.

"Okay. So I'm going to take her on a walk in the park. You'll be on a nearby bench with the camera. Okay?"

"Okay.." You sighed.

  On your way to the park, Leo told you he was meeting Calypso there. You two mostly walked in silence. When you got there, he showed you which park bench to sit on. He handed you his phone to record the proposal.

  You waited patiently on the park bench for five minutes until you saw Leo and Calypso walking toward you into the clearing that had strings of lights hung up.

  You typed in Leo's password and tapped on the camera app. You switched  it over from photo to video. You started recording the dreadful and heart shattering moment.

  Leo made it in front of you. There was a big water fountain that they sat at. Leo looked a little nervous and Calypso was playing 'innocent' as usual.

"Calypso, you know where I want to kiss you?"

"Lips?"

"No."

"Cheek?"

"No."

"Forehead?"

"No."

"Neck?"

"No."

"Then where?"

"In front of our families at our wedding when we both say I do..."

"Is-is this what I think this is?"

  Leo then got on one knee and pulled out the gorgeous ring that should be on your finger. You did end up crying from heartbreak while you were taking the video.

"Calypso, we have been together for five years. It has been the best five years of my life and I wouldn't miss it for the world. I love you so much. I can't wait to start my own repair shop with you and have babies. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Calypso shouted while bursting into happy tears. Leo put the ring on her finger on her left hand. Calypso gave him a hug and a million kisses.

  You got up and went over to Leo, tears still falling down your face. You gave Leo his phone back with the video. You saw his face contort with worry when he saw you crying.

"Hey, what's wrong (Y/N)?" Leo asked.

"N-nothing...so, when's the wedding?" You said through sniffles.

"It's July 10 of this year. You're invited! We'll tell everybody else the great news tomorrow. Thanks for taking the video by the way!" Leo said. He went up to you and gave you a hug. You hugged back and sighed before mumbling 'no problem' into his chest.

Man, did you not expect what would happen a month later the day before the wedding....
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Hey guys...sorry for the cliffhanger. This was so sad and depressing to write. I mean, how could Leo do this to us? Don't worry, the next part is going to be SO much better and will take a drastic turn. You'll love it! Xoxo- Cierra, Daughter of Apollo🌞