Bittersweet Tragedy

Song fic. I'm running out of easy songs I can use. <Unedited>
•••
Sweet, boy, straight out of the movie screen
Candy hearts and chocolate dreams
I, met, my prince upon a popcorn bowl
He held my heart and let it go
Ice cream, upon a summer's day
Beginning sweetness never stays

You once went to the movie theatre to watch a movie you've always wanted to see.

You bought your ticket that day and went to the food bar to get a pop and chocolate.

You got a twix to eat and a Sierra Mist to drink. You paid for your stuff, mumbled a thank you, and walked into the theatre where your movie was playing.

The place was packed. All the seats were taken except for one that was next to a handsome Latino man with brown curly hair and chocolate eyes.

You shyly walked in the row and sat down next to him. You blushed because when you set your drink down, your hands brushed together.

His hands were very warm. You shyly said sorry and examined his facial features.

You realized you were staring and widened your eyes before looking away. He grabbed your chin and made you face him.

He kindly smiled and introduced himself. Man, was his name absolutely amazing.

"I'm Leo Valdez." The Latino said and grinned as you blushed.

"I-I'm (Y-Y/N)." You stuttered.

He moved his popcorn bowl so you could reach it. He let you eat some because he was sharing it.

When the movie ended, you and Leo walked out together. You both talked about the movie and got to know each other more.

You didn't have a car. You took a bus to get to the movie theatre. Leo offered to take you home and you accepted.

When you got to your apartment, you invited Leo in for some coffee or something to eat.

You both walked in and Leo sat down in a chair at the kitchen table while you made coffee.

When the coffee was done, you grabbed two coffee mugs and poured the hot drink in them.

You handed a mug to Leo and you both shared a long conversation that was hours long.

Leo was too tired to go home, so you let him crash at your place. He slept on the couch and while you were walking away, he pulled you on the couch with him.

You blushed and locked eyes with him. His eyes lowered to your lips and back up to your eyes.

You leaned in and so did he. Soon, you felt his soft, warm lips kiss yours in a passionate kiss.

The kiss wasn't hungry, it was long and gentle. It was the best kiss you have had so far in your life. (Raise your hand if you've never been kissed physically! *raises hand*)

From that moment on started a beautiful relationship. Except that all changed one summer day.

You and Leo walked by the beach and got ice cream from a nearby ice cream shop.

You both sat down on a ledge by the boardwalk eating your delicious ice cream.

Leo held your hand with one of his. Your head was resting on his shoulder and there was a peaceful silence.

You examined Leo's face and saw that his eyes examined another girl walking on the boardwalk.

You felt betrayal grow in your chest. There wasn't much anger, but more sadness. You should've expected this in a guy as good looking as him.