Terrible Things

This is an extremely sad song fic. I warn you: FEELS DESTROYER. Trust me on this one, you will cry. [UNEDITED]
||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Leo's POV:
By the time I was your age, I'd give anything
To fall in love truly, was all I could think
That's when I met your mother, the girl of my dreams
The most beautiful woman, that I'd ever seen

I was sitting at the edge of my bed thinking everything out. Being a single parent was really hard.

I never expected to become a single parent. I had a fifteen year old son named Theo. (He's back...)

I don't like to talk about why I'm a single parent and what happened. Whenever someone brings up love, all I want to do is break down and cry.

Theo walked into my bedroom and sat down next to me. I looked at him in the eyes and he looked very serious.

Theo was a jokester like me. He was almost never serious, which is exactly like me.

He looked like me. Except, he had his mother's beautiful (E/C) eyes and gorgeous smile that I will never see again.

"What's wrong Theo?" I asked.

"What happened to mom?"

I immediately started to tear up and tried my best not to cry in front of my son. I like to stay strong for him.

Now was the time I needed to tell him. These past fifteen years, he's been growing up with only me.

I sighed and braced myself to talk. I can't believe I'm actually trying to contain my emotions. (I'm crying right now.)

"Let's go to the living room and sit. This is going to be a long talk."

We got up and walked down the stairs to the living room. I faced Theo and sighed sadly.

I'm going to start from the beginning and tell Theo everything. I'm going to tell him how amazing his mother was.

"When I was your age, I would do anything for love. I waited and waited to find the woman that I loved. I didn't have to wait very long because that's when I met your mother."

I sighed sadly as tears welled up in my eyes. I didn't even try to hold them back. It was impossible to.

"She was everything I imagined in my dreams. She was beautiful and absolutely amazing. She was sweet, extremely caring, kind, funny, sassy, and perfect. She was the most gorgeous person I've ever laid eyes on."

I smiled sadly at the memory of how I met her. She was definitely something with her bright smile and caring eyes.

She said, "Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I can't help but notice, you're staring at me.
I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe,
I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

"I met your mother in a coffee shop. She was in front of me in line and didn't have enough money to pay for her coffee. I offered to pay for her and when she turned around, my eyes lit up like saucers."

I still remembered this moment as if it was yesterday. It's good that I'm telling Theo the secret I've been hiding from him for years.

"She blushed when she saw my reaction. She thanked me for buying her coffee and sat down at a table with her laptop to study for college classes."

"I paid for my coffee and sat a few tables away from her because I was also at the coffee shop to study."

"My thoughts were crowded with your mom. I couldn't think straight and didn't realize I was staring at her until she got up and sat across from me."