All American Girl

This is a happy one shot! I hope you guys like this!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Since the day they got married,
He'd been praying for a little baby boy.
Someone he could take fishing,
Throw the football and be his pride and joy.

Since the day you and Leo got married, you have both been talking about kids. You and Leo have been married for four months and you found out you were pregnant.

You decided that you wanted the sex of the baby to be a surprise, so Leo only had the choice to agree.

After all, "Happy Wife Happy Life".

You were cuddled up on the couch with Leo. His hands were resting on your stomach and your head on his shoulder.

"Leo, what do you want the baby to be?" You asked.

"Well, I'm hoping for a boy, but if it's a girl, then that's fine to."

"Why do you want a boy?"

"If it's a boy, then I want to take our son out fishing to catch some big catfish and see the look of excitement on his face. I would want to throw the football to him and see him catch it." Leo said peacefully.

You would be happy with a boy or a girl. You didn't mind that Leo wanted a boy though instead of not caring what the sex of the baby would be.

You looked at Leo to see him already looking down at you. You smiled gently and smiled back.

"I want him to be my pride and joy." Leo whispered before leaning down and kissing you passionately on the lips.

You really loved Leo with all your heart.

He could already see him holding that trophy,
Taking his team to State.
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket,
All those big dreams changed.

While you were drifting off to sleep on Leo's shoulder, Leo was thinking about moments he would have if he had a son.

Leo pictured a boy that looked exactly like him, except with your smile and gorgeous (E/C) eyes.

Leo saw his son holding a big trophy that his football team won. Leo already picked which high school he would send him to.

Leo could see his son becoming the captain of the football team. He could see his son taking the team to state.

Few months later~
You woke up to contractions. You screamed in pain and Leo was immediately out of bed grabbing the hospital bag filled with clothes.

Leo went to your side and helped you stand up. Right when you did, your water broke.

It was hard to walk, so Leo decided to carry you bridal style. Who knew Leo could be so strong?

He walked out of the house and opened the car door to set you in the passenger side.

Sweat started to go down your face as you screamed in pain. You were trying hard not to push.

Leo buckled you in and ran to the driver side of the car. He got in and started the car.

Leo had one hand on the wheel and the other holding your hand. You would squeeze Leo's hand when the pain increased.

You made it to the hospital and nurses and doctors immediately got you into a room in the birthing center.

After sixteen long hours of giving birth, you finally heard the little cry of your baby.

You sighed in relief as Leo looked at all the blood with wide eyes. The doctors didn't tell you the sex yet.

Leo got to cut the umbilical cord with a pair of big scissors. Leo was scared to do it until you told him that it wouldn't hurt you.