Chemistry Lab Partners

Hello gorgeous readers! This was requested by Like2BeMe ! Go check out her books. I hope you all like this! It's 4:14 AM right now so sorry if it's not the best!
[UNEDITED]
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
It was the first day of freshman year and you are terrified. You don't know where any of your classes are, what lunch table your going to sit at, how to unlock your locker, and more.

Your mom woke you up early so you could take a shower. You got your clothes and went to the bathroom to get ready. You took your shower and got changed.

After getting changed, you brushed your hair and brushed your teeth. You decided to blow dry your hair so you would look decent.

After blow drying your hair, you decided to straighten it. You still had enough time, so you did it. It didn't take long to do your hair.

After doing your hair, you put on a little bit of makeup. This consisted of mascara and nude eyeshadow. You also applied Chapstick on your lips.

Right when you finished, your mom called you down for breakfast. You raced down the stairs to get food because you were hungry.

Your mom made you waffles, one of your favorite breakfast meals. She also added strawberries and whip cream.

"Thank you mom." You said.

"No problem honey. Are you excited for your first day of high school?" She asked.

"No." You replied.

"Why not?"

"I'm really nervous. What if I get shoved in a locker? Or they have the Freshman Friday where the seniors shove us in the trash can?"

"Sweetie, you'll do fine. It's not as bad as it seems. Freshman Friday doesn't exist too. Oh, looks like it's time to go." Your mom said as she checked her watch.

You put your plate and fork in the sink and grabbed your book bag before heading out to the car.

Your mom drove you to school before she drove to work. She wished you good luck and you just nodded.

You were dreading high school right when you walked in the front doors. There were students pushing each other around and many other things. You didn't know if it was playful or not.

You quickly and quietly walked to your locker. You tried to unlock it, but you couldn't figure it out. You looked at the girl next to you and saw she got hers open.

You tapped her on the shoulder and waited until she noticed you. She looked at you and smiled.

"Need help with your locker?" She asked.

"Yes please." You said.

"I'm Annabeth by the way." She said as she finished unlocking your locker.

"Nice to meet you Annabeth. I'm (Y/N)." You mumbled back because you were shy.

You grabbed your books that you needed for first period. Your first class was chemistry.

Just then, the first bell rang signaling it was time to get to the classroom. You didn't know where it was and you had no map of the school.

Your heart rate began beating faster as it was only you in the hall way. You felt like you were going to have a panic attack or a nervous break down.

You took deep breaths to try and calm yourself. You began walking down the empty halls of the high school.

You saw a hall patrol person and you went up to them. They looked at you with a confused expression before you spoke up.

"Do you know where the chemistry classroom is?" You asked quietly.

"Yes. Follow me." The hall patrol person said.

She led you down the hall way before turning left to another hall way. She stopped in front of a door that was the Chemistry classroom.

"Thanks." You said before walking in.

Everybody looked at you and you looked for a seat to sit in. You saw one seat open, which ended up being next to a cute Latino Santa Elf with curly dark hair and chocolate eyes.

You've never had a crush, so you were experiencing a new feeling. Your cheeks started to heat up as you walked to the seat next to the boy.

"Miss (L/N), care to explain why you're late?" The chemistry teacher, Mrs. Ibe  said.

"I got lost." You mumbled into your hand.

Mrs.Ibe's face softened as she smiled apologetically at you.

"You are excused. I understand." She said back kindly.

You pulled out your text book and looked at the boys' book next to you to see what page to go on.

You flipped to page 156 and listened to the teacher. You were currently doing a lab consisting of baking soda and vinegar.

"I'm Leo. Leo Valdez." The cute boy next to you murmured.

"I'm (Y/N)." You whispered.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He whispered in your ear, causing shivers to go down your spine and a bright pink go across your cheeks.

"Uh-huh." You retorted back.

All of your focus was still on the teacher. You always paid attention in class because you wanted to become an author when you grow up. You would also get in trouble if you got bad grades.

You could tell that you and Leo were going to be best friends. He seemed like a social butterfly who was a trouble maker. You could balance that side of him and he could bring out your social side.

Currently in the lab, you had to mix the baking soda with the vinegar. Since you and Leo shared a table, you were both lab partners. You didn't mind though.

"Hey. Do you want to put a lot if baking soda and vinegar in this to make it explode?" He asked.

"This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you've ever had. Of course I'm in!" You whisper/shouted back.

Leo put in all the baking soda while you put in all the vinegar. It slowly bubbled up until the vinegar was completely poured in.

In only a few seconds, it rose up. There was a loud popping noise, which caused everybody's heads to turn toward you and Leo, including the teacher's.

You and Leo were covered in white powder. You looked at Leo and giggled because he was snorting to get the baking soda out of his nose.

Some ended up in your ear, so you were rubbing your ear to try and get it out. Leo then sighed and a puff of white powder came out.

The whole class burst out into laughter as he was gagging because of the taste. You had a water bottle with you, so you let him drink some water.

"Thanks (Y/N)." He said.

"No problem Leo." You replied casually back.

You and Leo both looked around the classroom before slowly turning your head towards the teacher.

There, in front of yours and Leo's desk, was Mrs.Ibe with a red face that was contorted with anger.

She pointed at you and Leo individually and glared at you both. You tried to contain your laughter, and luckily succeeded.

"Detention." She told you and Leo with a raised eyebrow before continuing the class.

You looked at Leo and laughed. He hugged you and you melted into it while you were still giggling.

'Wow (Y/N)! That's a great first impression!' You sarcastically told yourself before listening to the teacher's lectures.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I hope this was good enough! I'm so tired and I'm going to sleep after I post this. It's now 5:03 AM. Anyways, I will update again later my lovely readers. Love you guys💜 Xoxo~ Cierra, Daughter of Apollo🌞🌞