I'm Just a Broken Girl

.....................
Helloo!
I'm back!
This chapter has a song, and if you want to listen to it, it is "Tides" by Jack and Jack!

(PS. The edit above was made by Cupcake_yenkhanh . Thanks for letting me use it! 😊)

Enjoy :)
Xxx,
Sara
.....................
Sadie's POV:
"Now, could you please take your agendas out and write down that you have a test tomorrow, so you won't forget about it." Mrs. Abbott announces.

Don't. Go. Mental. Someone will do it for you.

"What the freak! I mean, I am sorry Mrs. Abbott, but can't you at least please postpone the test? We have so many tests, I can't even find time to breathe!" Nick complains, trying to control his frustration.

"I'm sorry Nick, but it is your duty to organize your schedule." Mrs. Abbott responds with the typical teacher answer. I doubt that they would be saying that if they were in our place.

As I write down on my agenda with so much anger that I nearly punch a whole in the paper, Bailey and Violet observe me through the corner of their eyes, prepared to control me in case I flip.

Breathe Sadie, things will get better. It is Thursday already, and tomorrow I would have this Geography test and a History test, and then, off you go for the weekend. No tests were assigned for next week, just an essay. No biggie.

No biggie? Do you freaking hear yourself Sadie? After having two tests today I will have more two tomorrow, and then yesterday I had three tests and that other essay and I am so overloaded that I think that my head might burst with so much studying.

I just can't take this anymore. This won't ever be over. I might have not so busy weeks coming up, but what about afterwards? I would get tests and projects and exams and presentations thrown at me, over and over and over again.

Maybe this isn't worth it. Maybe I just should give up on trying to be the perfect student.

Coming back to the present, I realize that my breathing is ragged, and that a knot has been formed in my throat, threatening to make me break down right here and now.

"Sadie?" I look to where the voice came from, and see that it is Bailey who is calling me. "You are shaking." Looking down, I see that it was true. I had to get away from here.

"Mrs. Abbott?" I say raising my hand, gulping to try to control the tone of my voice. "May I go to the restroom?"

"Yes, Sadie." Standing up, I walk as fast as I can towards the door without having to run. But this all changes the second I am out of the room. I start running as fast as I can to the restroom, making my way to the nearest stall, and locking myself inside it.

Sitting down in the closed toilet lid, I let the little that there was of the shield that protects me crumble, and I let it all out.

With the tears streaming down my face, I try my best to tune down my sobs and my hiccups, in case someone was there. But it doesn't work.

I just couldn't take any of this anymore. I simply couldn't.

I tried my best to be the perfect student, to make my parents proud and to have a bright future. A future I had no clue what I was going to do with.

Why did things have to be this way?

Clutching the key that was around my neck so tightly in my hand that the outline of the key stayed marked on my hand, I tried to find some comfort in it, remembering of Shawn.