Dark Room

.............................................................
Hi people!
Sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I know you really wanted this update but I'm still travelling so it is difficult this way. And also, after this I am back to school ( 😭😭😭) so it is more than likely that updates will slow down. I hope you understand.

The songs of this chapter are:
"Good Grief" by Bastille
"Things We Lost To Fire" by Bastille
And of course, "Stitches" by Shawn Mendes. I am pretty sure this last one was the song for another earlier chapter, but that was it for a chapter where it appeared, and now the lyrics really fit.

Just to warn that some people may get mad at the way Sadie is acting. But please, wait for it. A lot of things are coming her way.

Hope you like this chapter (though I know the vibes aren't positive...)
Xxx,
Sara
(ONLY SLIGHTLY EDITED)
.............................................................
Sadie's POV:

Everything was dark. The door was closed, the blackout curtains slid shut. I only knew that a whole day had passed by because during hours the sun shone, sunlight seeped through the small gaps between the curtain and the window's frame, only making a rectangle of light in the absolute dark I was in. Then night came, and I let the complete darkness envelop me in a hug.

And for a time like this, the dark was comforting.

I had stayed here lying the whole day, after I had cried myself to sleep yesterday. It was dead silent in this room, the only sounds being of the ruffling of the sheets I created whenever I rolled to the other side of this bed which in I didn't usually sleep in. I was in a guest room, mine being overwhelmingly filled with memories which made this knife twist inside my heart one more time, as if it wasn't sore enough. It had been so beaten up, that it had gone numb, and now I felt absolutely anything.

No tears fell from my eyes; absolutely tear dry; no checking my phone which I knew had some messages, not even calling my mum to tell her I wouldn't go to school. I just didn't care about anything anymore.

There was only one thing I felt. And that was an emptiness inside of me.

After entering my room yesterday and being overwhelmed by everything in it: from the fact that Shawn had held me to sleep in that bed to the framed photo of us in New York, I went to the guest room, only to realize Shawn had also slept in here, and I had sleepily came here in the middle of the night to cuddle. Fortunately, my house was big and had a second guest room, which was where I was.

Suddenly, in the vast dark I was in, a faraway light turns on, my phone receiving yet another message. I just stayed lying there yet again, ignoring it. However, I did have curiosity to know how people were reacting. Did people know already? Were they celebrating the fact that Shawn was single yet again? Was because of this people hating on me even more, thinking that the reason behind our breakup was that I hurt him or something?

Hesitantly, I stretched my arm as far as I could, and managed to have a grasp on my phone. With that I unlock it, and see my texts. I had some from my friends, and even one from Shawn himself, which I opened immediately. I couldn't control it.

Guitar Boy 🎸: Sadie, whatever happened between us, I'll still be here for you if you need it. Always.

Always.

My hands trembling, I quickly leave the texts section, this word causing a chain reaction inside my mind, and all the memories coming back to my mind. A time of when there was a blackout and I was afraid of the thunder and he comforted me with his warm hugs rushed through my mind, making a knot form in my throat.