Boys Like You Exist

*warning of sensitive content. Might be a bit overwhelming for some readers. Jump to first *** in case you want to skip the more sensitive part*

Sadie's POV:
Leaving everyone and walking to my lockers, I continued beaming, thinking about that weird but amazing feeling that I had felt when I had been on stage. This just changed it all. What if this is what I want to do?

Going back to Music was the right thing to do. I love it, and also because of it I earned the amazing friends that I have. I also just felt so happy of how Shawn had gotten along with all of them. Anything would make this day a bad one.

Humming to the song we had composed, I reach my locker.I open it and leave some notebooks behind, putting some in my backpack in the process. I didn't really have homework for soon, but still. Closing my door, I am surprised by seeing someone next to me. Firstly, I thought that Shawn had come with me, but once I turn to him, I couldn't have been more wrong.

"Hi Jason." I say, putting a smile on my face so I could sound friendly. Jason and I haven't exchanged words after our last encounter, and I felt bad. He is my friend, after all.

"Hi." He says, forcing a smile to his face. He seemed a bit off.
"Congrats for the, you know...the prize." He says.

"Thanks." I say, feeling awkward. Gripping the straps of my backpack, I look away, not knowing what to say next.

"I didn't know you could sing. It was so surprising, you are quite quiet. I never thought you had such a voice." He says. I don't say anything, knowing very well that he was trying to say something, but couldn't get it out. "Sadie, is that guy that is always now with you, um, him?"

I knew very well what he was meaning by that, and deciding to be honest, I nod. He lets out a small laugh, shaking his head to himself. "What is it?" I ask, not understanding his reaction.

"It all makes sense now." He says, leaning back on the lockers, and stares straight ahead of him. "Of course you would prefer him, he is a celebrity."

Taken aback by this comment, I raise my eyebrows, crossing my arms over my chest. "You have no clue what you are talking about, Jason. Fame hasn't got anything to do with this."

Just as I was doing, he turns back to me and raises his eyebrows, also crossing his arms. "Oh, doesn't it?" He scoffs.

"No." I say, feeling very annoyed by his attitude.

"Then tell me why I'm wrong."

My heart starts accelerating as I think of why I feel what I feel for Shawn, not knowing where to start. There was so many things about him... I could pretty much stay here forever. I felt my heart expanding just by thinking of him, and suddenly, I find myself answering, "You can't choose who you fall in love with."

This wasn't exactly an answer, but I think it felt right to say so. Initially, I wasn't sure what I was saying. I mean, I am pretty sure that this statement is true, but was I falling for Shawn?

I then realized that the answer is yes.

"I agree with that, and that's what I am trying to tell you. You are letting his fame blind you, letting you think that you feel things for him."

Clueless to what he was talking about, I sigh impatiently, and make the decision of leaving.

"Look Jason, it was nice talking to you, but I have to go." I say, starting to walk away. I feel something on my wrist, making me stop. Turning around, I see that it is Jason's hand wrapped around my wrist, and alarming red flashes in my mind. "Jason, you're hurting me."