Gift Exchange

....................................................
Heyooo!
Here I am with yet another update!
So I wasn't planning on this, but this chapter's song has to be this one: "All I Want For Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey.😂 I actually found quite funny how these chapters are being written so close to Christmas. I hadn't planned this, it was really random. But cool they it did!

Haven't asked you guys a question in a while, so here is goes: what do you guys want/ asked for Christmas? And no "SHAWN MENDES", or "FOR SHAWN MENDES TO DATE ME" doesn't count as an answer! Sorry not sorry 😂 believe me, that would be my answer too. But without being this, I asked for merch: the varsity jacket and a hoodie! The VIP tickets also are kind of mixed in this present, but my parents promised me these before Christmas even got close by soo...
Well, I hope you enjoy! :)
Xx,
Sara
....................................................
Sadie's POV:
"Urgh I think I ate too much. I think I'm gonna explode." Shawn huffs holding his stomach while he rests his head on my shoulder, just after he had eaten every single thing on his plate and repeated.

"Me too." I chuckle, lying his head on top of his. We both had been so hungry by midnight, we couldn't contain ourselves from eating so much and so fast. The food was delicious, and we just devoured everything. Everyone else was still eating, though Aaliyah looked like she was about to finish her second serving too.

Though the food weighing down on my stomach and the time was making me quite tired, I couldn't help but feel hyped. This was definately the best Christmas ever. People laughed as we talked to each other, everyone looked like they were having a great time.

"Well I know that you guys are full, but do you want some dessert?"

Aaliyah, Shawn and I instantly sit up straight, prepared to eat more. "Yes please!" We say at the same time, and laugh. No matter how full I was, there was always a special place for desserts. I look at my father, who also seems quite cheered up with the idea of dessert, and my mum shakes her head, chuckling.

"Like father, like daughter."

After eating, Shawn, Aaliyah and I plopped down on the couch again, waiting for the adults so we could open one gift each. I found it different how Christmas was celebrated here. I was used to opening all of the gifts on the Christmas Eve, and here they only chose one to open, leaving the rest to open on the following day.

I really didn't mind though. I honestly didn't know which one I would open, or even whether I had any to open. Again, my presents were the books, and I didn't ask for anything. I actually was much more excited to give them. I always put a lot of thinking and effort into gifts, trying to find something the person will genuinely like. I just really hope they do.

"Sadie, come here." Shawn says pulling me towards him by his arm that was around my shoulder, and making me in the camera's shot range. Not even having time to debate, I smile at the phone, and Shawn snaps a picture of us. He does something on his phone, and moments later my phone's screen flashes, notifying me that Shawn had posted a photo and tagged me on it. He shrugs and gives me a sheepish grin, "Sorry, I can't help it."

"Oh so I've seen." I chuckle.

"So, who wants to start?" Mrs. Mendes asks, looking around at everyone.

"Oh, oh, me!" Aaliyah raises her hand, bouncing a bit on her seat.

"Of course." Karen laughs. "And I'm guessing you want this?" She brings out a rectangular box, and probably knowing what was inside it already, she takes it from her mother's hands with a huge smile, and starts unwrapping it. As soon as she sees that it was what she suspected it was, she hugs her parents.