None of Your Business

.............................................................
Hellooo!
I'm here with a new chap for you guys! A quite long one actually.
This chapter's song is "What If I Told You This Story" By Shawn, even if it is not released 😔

For those who don't know, this song is a song that Shawn has only a few lyrics for (at least what he shared with us) but it was never released. He says he had got to "make it perfect" first. In this story, however, I decided it to be the song Sadie and Shawn write together about their relationship, though IRL the lyrics (the little that we have, which is in the video above) are of a breakup song. I incorporated these few lyrics into this chapter, as if Shawn was singing it with other words, when in reality these are the original words. However, I did change a word or two to make it fir better with the story.

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, I would highly suggest you do! There I post tweets that foreshadow what will happen next, and even post in some unreleased passages, so if you are an inpatient reader and want more go follow me there. My user there is @HoldinMeHolland . Also, on spotify I created a playlist with songs for this fanfic, that if they weren't already a chapter song they will be, or they are just songs that remind me of the story.
If you are interested in checking it out my name there is saraevergirl.

Now going on into the story! Aaargh I'm SO excited for these upcoming chapters! 😆 enjoy!

Xxx,
Sara

(NOT EDITED OK PROMISE I WILL SOON!)
.............................................................

Sadie's POV:

"You're ready?" My dad asks me as he sees that both of us have finished eating our breakfast, only crumbs remaining in our plates. Today he would be taking me to school, as Roger had to go to a medical appointment.

"Yeah, I am." I look around, and realize how I forgot something. "Wait, I need my backpack. I'll be right back." I say sitting up, leaving the kitchen.

After the whole revelation of what I want to actually do and our fight, things had really changed; and it was for the better. My dad tried to go to work later so we could eat our breakfast together, which was great. Just in these breakfasts my dad and I had bonded more than we had bonded over the last 12 years, and I was so happy about this.

My mum was also trying. I saw her many times after school here, and there was a weekend or two we went out to the mall and went shopping, just the two of us. I could feel how guilty they felt about how absent they were in my life after I opened their eyes. Of course, this didn't make up for the time lost, but I could tell they were trying hard. And that's what mattered.

I walk into my room and get my backpack, and after putting it on my shoulders, I walk out, only to find myself giving a last check out on my outfit before I left. My hair was up in a half up half down, and I had on a lilaq shirt and jean shorts, the temperature too hot to bear jeans. I was about to walk out of my room again, when I notice the fact that my necklace was out of my shirt.

I go in to tuck in back, knowing that people would notice, and feel sympathetic towards me. I didn't want their sympathy. I didn't want people to treat me as the poor girl who had her heart broken and been harrassed by his fans afterwards.

I bring my hand up, holding the key in my hand and was about to hide it, when I found myself looking at the rose gold key.

I had kept it hidden, not managing to to take it off. I simply couldn't do it the day after the breakup. This key held so much meaning to me. Not only was it given to me by him, but it held such a major significance: that I wasn't alone.