Memories After All

...............................................................
Hi people!
I am so happy I actually managed to not take that long to write this chapter. I hope you enjoy it :)
Its song is "Memories" by You Know Who 😉😂
Enjoy!
Xxx,
Sara
...............................................................
Sadie's POV:

Ok Sadie, you can do this. Just one school day, and then it's the weekend and you can go back into hiding from everyone.

I continue to try to convince myself not to swap into my pyjamas again and crawl back into my bed as I analyze my outfit, which was quite dark for my usual. A black t-shirt with "Guess" written in black sparkles on it, dark grey skinny jeans and black converses. I usually don't like to wear so dark clothes, but this felt right. It matched my mood. I didn't do anything with my hair either, letting the loose thick waves my hair is made up of flow along my back.

Knowing that I was already going to be late, I slide open the jacket part of my wardrobe with no hurry, and just get a random jacket, and slide it on. It wasn't cold outside, but today I started the day with a double lesson of Physics which was in the Science lab; a room that was always freezing cold. Without even looking at my final outfit in front of the mirror, I grab my backpack and leave my room, and grab a cereal bar in the kitchen to eat in the car.

Usually I let Roger choose whatever station he liked to hear to, as I always put on my earphones. But today, the idea of hearing to music from my playlist; and very possibly come across one of his songs; seemed completely painful. As he drives out of my house, he turns on the radio of the car, and I find myself paying attention to it.

"And now we are about to play a song that was released over a year ago, but people still are obsessed with it. Certainly one of the most requested songs on this station, aren't I right, Pedro?" The commentator asks his partner.

"Oh yes certainly, Thomas. It is one of my personal favourites from him, to be honest. Can't wait for his next album, which will be out in a month. Make sure to pre-order it! And now playing: "What if I told you a Story" by Shawn Me-"

I didn't even let the guy finish announcing it, I already say, "Roger, change the station please." I was polite with my words, however my tone were rispid and rude involuntarily. He gave me a side look, finding weird my attitude, still not reaching for the button to change it. I waited the most patiently I could, but then I couldn't anymore, as I heard the first guitar notes of the song, causing my heart to clench in pain and memories rush through my mind.

"Roger change the-" I was about to reapeat my request basically shouting at him, when Shawn sings the first syllable of the song, and my hand goes flying agressively onto the button. I was suprised I hadn't broken the button with the force I hit it with, and my body seems to relax after not hearing to that song anymore.

I let whatever station I changed to be, when another whole different song starts. There was nothing special about it, but just the sound of guitar strums and piano notes; the mere sound of music; left me completely in pain, memories of us playing together or just sharing earphones and singing along or of him performing with all his heart flooding my mind. With all these thoughts on my mind, I reach my arm forwards, and turn out the radio once and for all.

I arrive at the door of my homeroom 5 minutes late, but I just walk in, just like usual tardy students do. With me walking in, everyone in the room turns their head to me to see who was the late one, and realizing it was me, the chattering dims down a bit.

"Did you-?"

"Yes, I saw it, they broke up."

"Aw I feel bad for her. Th amount of hate..."