Patience

.............................................................
Hi people!
I can't freaking believe we got to this chapter. One more chapter after this one, and it is over! But don't worry: there will still be an epilogue, and plenty of bonus chapters and short stories :)

I know this was the song for an earlier chapter, but I would suggest that for this chapter, you listen to "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran once again.

Hope you enjoy!
Xxx
Sara
.............................................................

Sadie's POV:
I threw myself onto the soft couch, which made me bounce up and down several times until I stopped. Holding my phone to my ear, I looked at the ceiling, sighing. I turned my head to the right, at my framed diploma hanging on the wall, one that I received a couple of months back.

"So how's LA?" I ask Violet, the one who I was talking to. Just after both of us graduated, she got an amazing job offer in LA, and she just had moved there a week ago. I should be sad to know that my best friend was now all the way across the country, but I wasn't. Why? Because I was going to move there too in not much time.

Shawn wanted to move already for a while, however he holded up until I graduated so we could move together after his tour. It wouldn't really make a difference for me, as there is an Island Records in LA, too, so I have a job there too. The day after Shawn and I had decided this I went nervously to tell Violet this news, not knowing whether she would be very happy. But once I approached her that day, the look on her face wasn't bright either. She also had something to tell me.

They say that after high school you lose touch with your friends and drift apart. I am so happy that this was proven wrong in my case. Aria, Bailey, Ella, Sean, Nick, for example; I still talked to them all.

"LA? Um... Good. Yeah, good."

I frowned a bit at her hesitation, something was off in her tone.

I decided it was best to just brush it off.

"So," Violet says, changing the subject, "are you excited for the dinner?"

"I am." I say simply. I knew exactly what was coming next.

"Do you think he will... You know, pop the question?"

My heart skipped at this thought, and I sigh once more. Leaving the phone to lay on my ear, I reach towards the finger my ring is on to twirl it, and just as it has happened a lot lately, my stomach drops as my skin meets skin instead of the cold surface of the ring, and before I started to panic I remembered what happened. With a lot of Shawn's insistance, he took my ring so he could take it to repair, as there was a scratch on it. Honestly, it was so minuscule, I wasn't bothered by it. But Shawn insisted and insisted, and with hesitation, I gave it to him. I wonder when he will give it back to me, it has been two weeks already, and I missed it. I felt like I was bare without it.

"I- I don't know what to think Violet, I told you that already. I thought that he was going to ask it after I graduated, but here we are months later, and nothing. But it's fine, really, I am ok like this. It's just a label. Maybe we are too young." I try to come up with an excuse, though I knew deep down that it wasn't plausible enough.

"Sadie, he will soon, I know it. Maybe yes you are young, but not that much, I think it is perfectly fine to marry at 23. Bailey and Louis, remember?"

"Well, yeah, but they are a whole different story." I argue.

"A different story? Well their story is pretty simple: they fell in love, just like you and Shawn did. And they are married already, and Bailey is pregnant, and she is perfectly happy. So being young is not an excuse.
And you guys have been together for 8 years." She insists, outweighing all my useless arguments with logical ones.