Voices in my Head

.............................................................
Hey people! I'm here with what you had been so waiting for! Shawn's POV!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Or should we celebrate? Because I have a feeling you guys will give me even more death threats than you did before 😬😰 though I'll leave you warned that I'm a very good frying pan wielder (learned with the one and only Rapunzel)

This chapter's song is "Drunk" by Ed Sheeran. This is the main song, but "Amnesia" by 5SOS also is really suiting. (Thank u _sky_ller_ 😊)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Xxx,
Sara
.............................................................

Shawn's POV:

Hi people! So this is the first time I am doing something like this. I never shared my personal songs, but I decided to change this. Writing this song helped me so much, and I can only hope that it will help someone too. So here it is... It's called "Glue" and I hope you enjoy it! 😊

I read this message yet one more time as I hear her angelic voice sing her song; a song I hadn't gone a day without hearing to since she posted it. I pay attention to the words and the emotion she sang with, which passed right through my phone and came crashing into me, breaking my heart even more than it already had broken.

I had done this to her. I had made her feel this pain which she sang with.

I scroll back to the top and continue watching the beautiful girl singing with her heart, strumming her guitar with everything. My heart flips and aches inside my chest, as once more the truth comes at me.

I was never going to hug her again. I was never going to kiss her again, hear her voice on the other side of the phone after a tough day or make her smile.

It was all over.

Late night chats about
Anything and everything
Texts showing three words
That now feel empty
All the years I had you there
Hoping you would never leave
I shoudn't have held so much onto these things
But now I know
I can do it on my own, on my own
I'll do it on my own

This last chorus in particular always got to me. So many questions came to my mind, making everything inside my mind jumble up.

Did she really think that my words were empty?

This thought made a knot form at the top of my throat, and I gulp.

Those three words I always told her were everything but empty or a lie. I always meant it with my heart.

I still do.

However the most striking part of this chorus was the end:

I'll do it on my own.

Clearly with these words she's saying that she is fine without me, that she'll make it through the heartbreak. This made me incredibly relieved, a weight on my shoulders being lifted as I heard this. She was going to be fine.

But I didn't get it. If she could be fine, why couldn't I? Why couldn't I still take her out of my mind, see her lurking at every turn, as if she was my shadow?