Trust

......................................................
Hi people! I'm back!
You guys don't know how happy I am to be back at writing.

So this chapter's question is: what is your favourite feature about yourself? Credits to JacobAlexannderConne for coming up with that one. These questions are difficult to come up with. And my answer? Well, it is difficult. Just like Sadie, I have so much trouble with seeing my positives. They are basically nonexistant. Bit if I had to say, I guess they are my eyes? I don't know, they are pretty ordinary to me.

I felt this chapter very important, as we are shown a bit of Jason's backstory and a bit of Sadie's character too. I don't think many will agree with her decision, but this is Sadie's character. This is how she is.

Hope you enjoy it! :)
Xxx,
Sara
......................................................
Sadie's POV:
Jason and I sit on the front porch of my house, and I am careful to leave some good meters between us. I still clucthed the handle of the pan, which was prepared to go in action at any moment. I wasn't a violent person, but heck, after what happened? I was still scared.

"Sadie, I am so sorry, for everything. I- I don't know what I was thinking." He starts, breaking the silence.

"Well I wasn't expecting this. I was thinking you were gonna give it at least a year before you apologized."

"Really?" He asks, surprised.

"Nope. I wasn't expecting you to apologize at all." I think for a bit, not knowing what to say. "But why come here at night to apologize? Wait, scratch that. Why did you do it in the first place? I thought you were my friend Jason, and what you did-"

"I know Sadie, I am so sorry about that, I still don't get what is wrong with me. I'm stupid, I'm an idiot!Maybe my dad is right for beating me up, you know? Punishing me for being what I am."

I fall in silence as I process his words, completely shocked. He was about to start crying at some point, and from the look on his face, I realized that maybe it wasn't the first time today. Jason was a boy who had always been protective of his pride, yet here he was, having a breakdown in front of me, and telling me something I was absolutely not aware of.

"Your dad beats you?" I ask softly, the words nearly coming out as a whisper. He only nods, as he looks for words.

"It's been like this ever since mother died when I was five. He just went bitter, spending his days working, and then getting drunk at night. And always moving, from one place to another. After she was gone, both dad and I were miserable. With all the constant moving I never had found real friends, it was a matter of months until I moved again. And whenever I found some, he would always push them away somehow, saying that getting close to people was a weakness. That soon they would disappoint you and hurt you, or just simply leave."

As he said this, I realized that this probably was the reason behind why I had never met his parents, or why I had never been to his house. We would always come to mine during our last Winter break, and spend our afternoons playing video games or just hanging out in my condominium. No I noticed how he never mentioned his parents, either.

"For a while, I started believing my dad. But then I came to this school, and met you, and you turned into the friend I never had. I was so happy, you have no clue. And then when I started seeing you in another light, I asked you out. But what was I thinking? It only blew up everything. You didn't feel the same way, and then because of that you distanced yourself from me." He takes in a ragged deep breath, before he continues. "I just couldn't bare it. I couldn't bare the fact that I had been the one to push my only friend away. And then I saw you with Shawn; how you looked at him and was so close to him and I envied him so damn much. And seeing you guys just made me too determined to get you back."