Pt.6 Best friends {Grayson}

Y/n POV

"THATS MY BEST FRIEND! THATS MY BEST FRIEND!" I heard my best friend, Grayson chant as I walked up on stage for that talent show. Everyone laughed at Grays little chant. "Here's a little song from someone I love and adore. Also this is for my best friend, Gray. I love you."

I took a deep breathe before singing 'Life of the Party' by Shawn Mendes. Everytime this song plays it reminds me of Grayson and everything we've been through. He's been by my side since day one and his career is slowly taking off which means that less time with my bestfriend soon.

Everyone in the audience who knows the song, sang along. It's was beautiful and it was truly amazing.

After the talent show I met up with Grayson and he ran up giving a hug, picking me up off my feet. "You did so good." He said setting me down on my feet and handing me a bouquet of roses. "Thanks Grayson."

My parents came up and found us interrupting our conversation. We both faced them waiting for them to say something.

My Dad just stared at Grayson making things awkward.

He thinks that Grayson is a bad guy and he's only using me to get in my pants. But I know Grayson he would never do something like that, he knows how to respect a girl and everything she values.

"Evening Mr. (Y/l/n)." Grayson said handing his hand to my father. My Dad didnt take his hand and just stared at him. He cleared his throat and said hello to my Mom. She gladly pulled him into a hug.

For my Mom she loves Grayson she actually wants us together. No matter how many times I tell her that him and I are only friend she is always asking Grayson when is he going to ask me out,making him blush everytime.

"Mr and Mrs. (Y/l/n) I'd like to ask for your permission." I looked up at Grayson confused as to what he was doing.

He's hand found mine and slowly intertwined making my heart race fast and my palms sweat. "Grayson what are you doing?" I asked and he just shushed me.

"I'd like to have permission to date your daughter." His grip on my hand tighten and loosened over and over. I've never seen this side of Grayson before, he usually doesn't get nervous but when it come to asking my parents for permission to date their only daughter is pretty nerve racking.

My Mom freaked out and said yes. He thanked my Mom and looked up towards my Dad. "Sir."

His voice was a bit shooken up but I knew what my Dad was going to say. Not matter how much he loves to say he hates Grayson, he can't say no because he really likes Grayson.

He looked at me then back at Gray. My Mom was shaking her head waiting for his response. He nodded his head and put his hand out to Grayson. "My daughter never stops talking about you." My face turned red. "I wouldn't want her with anyone else." He smiled shaking Grayson's hand.

"Go have fun, be a cute young couple. Live life." My Mom said holding my Dad hands. Her smile was huge and I could tell that tonight was going to be a very rememberable night. "But have her home by 10:30 and any later I'll have my shot gun ready, out on the porch." My Dad said before walking to the parking lot with my Mom.

We both waved by waiting for them to get in their car and drive away and once they did I hit Grayson.

"What was that for?" He asked holding his arm.

"For springing that on me, not just my parents." I whispered yelled because there was still people walking out of the theatre and out to their cars.

"Oh trust me I've been planning this for the past two months, I just never knew how and where." He shrugged making me smile.

"Love you Gray." I kissed his cheek before we ended this wonderful night at some fast food place.