Hurt People

In a relationship filled of negativity. Wanting to make the best out of the worse situation, physical and mental abuse was always in the mix. It just took a little longer to make things better for yourself and make all things come to an end.
And with this you find yourself happier and healthier- in someone else's arms.

-

Lila's POV

My hands start to get clammy and heart begins to race. Just having to walk down that street gives me an anxiety attack. It never goes good. Times like this are when I need him, but interrupting his busy schedule just to give me some courage to take my morning run down the street to get back home would be absolutely stupid of me. Why would I even be this dumb to take this old route back home, I know the outcome and what memories come back but I continue to take this fucking route, "Morning Lila." And just like that, my breathing stop. Feeling his body warmth come near me. I took a step or two away, scared of what he was going to do. Just as I tried to get away, he gripped on my arm and pulled him close to him- his nose pressing against my cheek as he mumbled words that were barely audible. His grip grew tighter and my hand slowly started to become numb. Trying to remove his hand it had seemed like it was glued to my wrist. His eyes were turning black and that face become all too familiar.

Waking up from my deep sleep, my breathing was heavy and forehead sweaty. This dream keeps on reoccurring and makes me have trouble sleeping at night. I stepped on the cold wooden floor and made my way to the kitchen. Grabbing a glass and filling it with cold water, looking into the livingroom and realizing that Grayson had never came back to the room. Walking and searching for the remote, he woke, "Why are you up?" His hand brushed up on my thigh and it had startled completely. I rose my glass and turned off the tv before taking a seat on the couch. Grayson sat up, "What's wrong?" He asked, knowing that my silence had only ment one thing. "Lila, I promise as long as I'm here, nothing will happen. That's something that I can promise you." He kissed my temple as he pulled me back into his chest, "Okay?" I nodded my head as I wrapped my hands over his arms.

Grayson's leg had rested on top of me as he snored just right above me. The sun was coming up slowly and at the rate we are going, leaving this couch probably is not going to happen today. "Ethan and Theo are coming over today." Grayson mumbled, pulling his arm off me as he stretched to out his body.

Spending more than half of the morning cleaning, around one was when Ethan and Theo had showed up. Which has given me about an half hour to shower and change into a decent just comfortable outfit. This was never too hard because, running late is what I do best and Grayson hates it.

"Lila!" Theo had came running into the room as I was making my way out to greet Ethan. "Hi bud." I picked him up and gave him a squeeze, carrying him back to the livingroom where the boys were at. "Hi. Sorry about him." Ethan had apologized and was trying to pull Theo off of me but he just was not giving into it. "Babe, Ethan is going out for the week on business. Would you mind if Theo stays." Gray had given the same exact smile Ethan was, making me refuse to say no. "Wouldn't mind some company."

The boys had went out onto the balcony, having their little private time as Theo says whenever either one of them come over to the others house. To distract him from what his Dad and Uncle were doing, we played hide n seek, since it was the only game to keep him interested long enough. Quietly walking to the guest room, there was a knock on the door. Assuming, I had enough time to look through the peep hole and hide, Theo had came out and tagged me.
The knock had became more aggressive and scary, to the point where Theo had even got scared.

I had walked up to the door, not realizing that someone was right behind me. Opening the door very slightly, there he stood. Tall and masculine, looked beat up and eyes were blood shot red. He must've shot up before coming here. "You look beautiful." Just had his dirty hand was going to apply the smallest pressure on my cheek, the door was yanked further open, scaring me as it was forcefully pulled from my hand. "Buddy, you got to go." Ethan had said from behind me. "Who the fuck are you?" Bryant had asked, stepping up to Ethan, thinking that he was going to get anywhere with this stupid argument. "Babe, get Theo and go to the room, now!" Grayson pulled me away from the door and handed me the baby. But my body was still in shocked, my motor skills were not working. "NOW!" He yelled, forcing me to leave.

Dealing with the whole situation, I locked myself in the guest room and just held onto Theo who was confused to what was going on. Coming up with a story through my tears was the hardest part. But keeping him distracted was the most important part for tonight. Ignoring all the yells, I managed to tell a story, just pulling it right out of my ass. Not caring how stupid it sounded.

What felt like a lifetime, there was a knock on the door followed by Grayson's voice. I walked over and unlocked the door, just before I was able to open the the door, the boys had pushed it opened and Grayson came up and hugged me. Burying his head onto my chest, allowing to hold him as tight and as long as I possibly can. "I love you." He mumbled giving a kiss then just holding me for a little longer.