All I Want is You

With a long lived crush, on your childhood friend, your feelings grew. Everyday it gets worse and worse. There's no way for this treatment because damn, Grayson Dolan has you real good.

-

I walked alone in the hall, with my headphones in, trying my best to block out everyone in this school and not have anything to do with anyone. But then there's Grayson, "There's my Cora." My life long crush. Who's exactly what you want in a guy. Just not the grade A douchebag football player. "Hi Bailey." I pulled out one earphone then the other. "Ready for this week long vacation babe?" He put his arm around my shoulders as we walked out of school. Getting several looks from everyone, this has never stopped Grayson from being my friend. He's very popular at our school and me, not so much. So, it's a surprise when people see him walking around school with a nobody or even taking me home sometimes.

"Gray, wanna go out then back to my place?" One of the many girls who are more than willing to give their soul to the devil for Grayson, asked.
He took my bag from me, opening the passenger door, "I'm with my babygirl tonight and all throughout break." I looked back at him, kinda confused about who he was referring too. Mariah had rolled her eyes, completely hating me because the friendship him and I have. "You're going to miss out on a lot of fun."
"It'll be worth it." He turned and smiled at me, just completely tearing me up from the inside out. "Grayson, don't miss out. I'm fine walking." I placed my hand on my bag, trying to retrieve it from him. "Your Mom is out all week and your sister isn't down until Christmas. And with everything going on, no Bells, get in. I don't want anything to happen to you."

Driving down the street, making our way home in slow traffic, it was awkward not having a conversation. Grayson just turned down the "hottest" girl in school just to take me home. When he can easily blow me off just to hang out with them.
"Why didn't you just go with them? I'm completely fine with making it home by myself." I brought up after sitting in traffic for the past fifteen minutes. He took a quick glance at me then shook his head, chuckling. "Kash would do it all the time." Just hearing his name would make Grayson mad.
Kash was the person who I thought would make me forget about my feelings towards Grayson. But clearly, it wasn't a match. "It's your senior year, you shouldn't be stopping your fun plans because you want to make sure that I'm safe." He pressed his knuckles on his cheek, getting frustrated with me. "And I had a lot of fun the past three years. It's time for me to settle down."
"Grayson. You're barely seventeen, settle down for what?" I looked at him, waiting for an answer, he just looked at the road and didn't bother to even to acknowledge me.

He pulled into my driveway, putting the car in park and switching it off. We sat there for a few seconds before getting out and heading inside.

"Afternoon Isbella." My neighbor had greeted as we walked up to the front door. "Hi Callie, how was your day?" A little old lady who I plant and dog sit for when she goes and visits her grandchildren up state. Grayson had grabbed my bag and keys, insisting that I go and make conversation with her. I quick walked across our lawns after handing over my stuff to Grayson. "Who's the very attractive young boy you have there?" She peeked over my shoulder, getting one last look at him before giggling. "He's just a friend." Callie had rolled her eyes, not believing me. "Okay, babycakes. I know how these friends work. I was once your age. How do you think I ended up with five childs!" She laughed harder than I have ever heard.

We had a quick conversation before she had let me go to spending time with Grayson before he had decided it was time to go. Leaving me with the most interesting advice, that won't be needed because Grayson is only a friend. Which is all I will ever be to him.

He was sitting on the couch, with the Tv on, feet kicked up on the center piece with a blanket from my room that he wrapped himself in. "It's cold outside." I took off my shoes then went to go sit out on the couch with him. "It's also the middle of November." He patted on the couch, holding up the blankets, waiting for me to sit down. "Don't be a smart ass." We both laughed. I snuggled up on the side of him, angling my legs weirdly. With one resting on his thigh and the other one pressed against my chest.

I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling my eyes closing shut. He had his hand on my thigh, probably already fast asleep. Grayson is known for falling asleep in a middle of a conversation, so this wasn't in anyway, surprising. Trying my best to avoid it, I just couldn't. I had fell straight to sleep.

It was around six when I woke up. The blanket was placed onto of me, with a couch pillow as my cuddle buddy. No sign of Grayson.
"No babe, I'll be over in a minute." Until I heard his voice come over the dining room on the other side of the house. Not wanting to deal with him and his relationship drama, I had just left to my room. Sick and tired of him playing both sides when he knows damn well his girlfriends hates me with a passion. "Isbella." Hearing my footsteps, he called. Immediately knowing why I had left up to my room.

"Bells." I heard his voice but didn't bother to move, acting like I had just fallen right back to sleep. Keeping my cries silent and just breathing softly. His footsteps had made my floor creak, I had gently moved, making it believable that I was fast asleep. "I'll be back Bells, before twelve. Call if me if anything." He ran his hands through my hair before kissing my forehead. I mumbled okay, waiting for him to leave my room.

I sat up as I heard the front door close shut, wiping my eyes and chewing on my lip. "Please come back." I mumbled under my breath, "Please."