I really like you... you just don't know it

You and Grayson have been inseparable since the start of freshmen year. He lived just a few miles down the street and of course that didn't keep the two of you away from eachother. Sophomore came around and you got your permit, which had your parents have trust issues. Coming home late from your biology study group wasn't lasting very long. Junior is when it all ended, Grayson moved school, a whole hour away from you and you were alone.

-

"Cassie." My coworkers had threw paper towels at me. I had shot my head up in a panic as if someone had came in with a gun. "Sorry, long day." Keeping to myself about my bestfriend recently moving and there being no way in God's name that we'll ever be able to see eachother. "Well ease up." He patted me on the shoulders grabbing the rest of my stockings, "I'll clock you at. Go home, gets some rest." Listening to instructions, I had thanked him with a hug and then headed up to the back grabbing my stuff before heading out.

With it being 10 at night, the parking lot was always sketchy. Walking out alone is something someone should never do. Especially on a Friday night. Since my car is half way across the lot, I was nearly sprinting at the sound of the back door shutting. Unlocking my car doors from a good 50 yard distance. My heart had fallen out of my ass on the run there, opening the car door and shutting as soon as I sat down. Resting my head on the steering wheel letting out heavy breaths, there was a bang on my window. Hearing the laughter right after I screamed my lungs out, I saw Grayson dying on the parking lot floor. "You jackass. What the hell are you doing here?" I got out of the car to help him off the floor. "It's been two weeks since we've seen eachother. And it's not hard to get my little hands on your work schedule."

We sat in the stores parking lot for almost an hour just talking and catching up on everything we've missed in eachothers lives the past two weeks. "Spotted anyone yet?" He shook his head, pouting his lips. "You're such a lair Grayson. There has to be at least one girl who you have your eye on." He shrugged his shoulder, playing the silent game. But couldn't hide the little smirk that was creeping up on his lips. "Well, just one girl. But it doesn't matter because she likes another guy." Wanting to know more about this nameless girl, he went on talking her and almost everything he admires. Not missing a single detail. "How's the love of your life turning out so far." Leaning back in my seat and letting out a sigh.

Spilling everything about this unknown guy, Grayson was falling for every word that came out of my mouth. Thinking that it's just someone who is on the wrestling team, star wide receiver on the football team, and is a lacrosse player at our school. It almost made me want to beat him. "You really don't know you who I'm talking about do you?" I asked, he shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. I wanted to kill him. "You're really almost as oblivious as myself Grayson." He gave me a confused look, really not understanding the very obvious signs that have been coming from my mouth the past two years we've known eachother.

Driving him thirty minutes to his house it was killing me the whole ride. After a whole two years of dropping hints, he still hasn't understood one. "Drive safe. Text me when you get home. Love you." He said as he slammed the door and quickly walked up to his plato to watch me drive away and disappear out of the neighborhood.

Cassie: found your little note in the car. Rather cute. Who knew you are such a poet.
Grayson: 😊 thanks it's about some special girl in my life
Cassie: Lucky lady.
Grayson: Very. She just doesn't know it yet.
Cassie: one day she will.
Cassie: Can i ask you a question?
Grayson: vent away.
Cassie: Why don't guys ever just come out and say their feelings about the girls they like? Just it it a secret.
Grayson: Every guy is different. Some will come out and other beat around the bush. Just got to be patient.
Grayson: Now, what's a girls answer to this question.
Cassie: rejection, mainly. But some of us like to keep things simple as to keeping them close and not letting go. No matter how far away they may move. Still make an effort to talk to them everyday even other it's just silly streak photos on Snapchat. Just keep them close.
Grayson: deep. Love it.
Grayson: I'll call you in the morning. Just please wake up and answer. It's going to be a long day without you
Cassie: Why would I ever miss hearing your voice? You keep me sane.