My Brother's Boyfriend

I was only 12 when my 14 year old brother told me the way he felt about boys. Growing up in an religious family, this would never be acceptable in a family like mine. But Brody trusted me to not tell our parents, and I kept that promise. Until he was ready. Even if that took several years... as it did.

-

"Your brother is pretty cute." Lexi, my bestfriend, who also has the biggest crush on my brother, said. I just laughed and shook my head. "What? Is he secretly gay?" Her jokes had no longer offended me but they just always hit a spot that I couldn't explain. "I wouldn't mind a threesome." This time I was disgusted with her stupid jokes. Since we graduated from highschool, she was no longer PG, it was like walking around with an adult film playing on a speaker. She didn't care. "Okay, shut up. You're gross." I laughed, pressing the cross walk button, wanting to get out of the sight of my brother. "If we're meeting up with your stupid boy toy, I'm not coming." Rolling my eyes at her comment, I just wanted her to go home and not follow me to Grayson's house for once in her life. "Actually, boy toy and I have a date, so..." I waved her away and gave her a smile as I did so. Groaning really loudly, she quickly ran across the counting down crosswalk to caught up. "Guess we aren't going on our date."

Meeting up with Grayson, he greeted the both of us. Which was becoming such a routine that he ask about her when she doesn't come along. And yes, I do find it annoying, especially when we are on a date and Lexi is just brought up randomly.

Sitting in awkward silence as the music played, Grayson brought up my brother... and his boyfriend. I clenched on his hand, trying to give him the 'in' on Lexi not knowing about Brody and James dating.

This had made this turn for the worse.

"You're really that upset, it was an accident. How was I suppose to know!" Grayson yelled as we walked in the house, I tried to walk away, wanting space since he literally ruined everything for my brother. "My parents still don't know Grayson." I yelled back at him, from the long hallway, getting everyone's attention in the house, if there was anybody even here. "Tatum-" I walked into his room and slammed the door, not having anywhere else to go since we came to his house. It was also a Friday so going straight home wasn't a option. "Tatum, open the door." He knocked, twisting the door knob back and forth, waiting for me to get annoyed and open the door for him.

Taking in a deep breath, I got up and unlocked the door, twisting it open enough to let him know that it was no longer locked. Walking over to his bed, I got under the covers and turned to face the bathroom, to continue avoiding him. "At least we're making progress." He got on the bed and laid right next to me, resting his chin on my shoulder. Watching the newest James Charles video, Grayson had enjoyed it as such as I was. I had turned around around in the slightest, looking for Grayson's arm, "Where's your arm?" Grabbing his arm, I wrapped it around myself then continued watching the video. "You're so annoying." He mumbled in my ear, moving closer to my body completely forgetting about the blanket between the both of us.

"Excuse me, that's my sister you're touching. Move!" Brody had woke the both of us, squeezing his way in the middle of the two of us. Laying down for a little awhile, we blew air and didn't know how to avoid the the silence. "Anyhoe. Tatum I'm going on a date and I need your help." Getting out of bed and pulling me with him, I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. "He can come too, if he wants." Just a little detail about Brody, he's not too fond of Grayson and is always trying to fight him. It's pretty grand if you ask me.

Going through all his little outfits he brought, none of them were working and of course we always has to look good because James wears simple things but adds designer so it looks good. But my brother, not his cup of tea. So looking really good is his only option. "I'm calling Grayson." Not approving of that option, it was too late because, "BABY!" He chucked his shoe at me pissed off because we were going to our last option. "WHAT!" He yelled back, scaring the both of us. "Come here please." Thinking about it for a minute, "Wait nevermind." Grabbing my brother and just dragging him to Grayson's room and going into the closet to look through his clothes. "You steal enough of my clothes, don't let your brother still anything." Not bothering to move a single inch to stop me from looking or taking anything.

Many outfits later, we had finally found the prefect one. It was one of Gray's red carpet outfits that he literally only wears once every other year. So it was a good outfit. "Thank God you guys have similar body types." Grabbing one of the similar belts he has, Brody went and folded up his pants and threw on chucks to pull together an outfit that fits him rather him just steal it from Grayson's closet.

Feeling like a proud Mom sending her kid to the Prom, we waited in the living room for James to show up but of course that took longer than expected. "Hi babe." James walked in wearing a turtleneck, with a coat and jeans, an outfit I was begging for him to wear because, look at the time and effort I put into Brody's outfit. "Hi sister, haven't seen you in forever. You look stunning." He came up and gave me a hug after having a legit makeout in front of me. "Thanks, havent ate in forever because of exams." I said fairly loud to send a hint out to Grayson since his lazy ass was laying down in the livingroom. "Oh, you want to join us?" My brother had stood behind James and shook his head, begging me to say no. "No, it's fine. Probably just order take out." With a sigh of relief audible for everyone to hear, Brody had just smiled and was ready to get going.

"Let's go get food." I smacked Grayson's knee trying to get his attention from his phone and whoever slide into his dm's. Then again, it had to deal with food so of course he was down for it. "Chipotle, I'll pay if you drive." Like it was magic words, he got up off the couch and went to grab his keys then told Ethan that I was paying for dinner tonight. Finishing up his game of fortnite, I waiting for him and his brother, just wanting to get some food so I don't lose another five pounds.

Ethan forced me into the backseat, since he wanted to control the aux, I just agreed and sat in the backseat. Paying more attention to my phone rather than anyone else, when Ethan started asking question about my brother and James' relationship, I made sure to pay all attention to it. "Don't you worry one day that their relationship won't work out and everything is ruined?" Looking at me through the rearview, I shook my head, not wanting to think about that aspect of their relationship. "Ethan, can we just get damn burritos and not have life conversations?" We sit in silence, looking out the windows wondering where to go next in this conversation.