His Father

Since day one, Grayson's Dad was always on board with your relationship with his son. Despite what other people had said, he looked over the bad and all the rumors and mean comments that other adults would make against you. He made you feel comfortable, wanted, and loved. There was no one like Sean Dolan, no one to replace him.

-

My girl don't want me because my dirty laundry
And I think that she knows
I'm out of control

"Bebe, demasiado temprano para esto! It's seven in the morning." Walking into the kitchen to turn down the music that Grayson had on max volume, "Excuse me darling, I was listening to that." With a huge smile on his face, he went on and turned up the music a little higher, to make it audible but soft enough to make it tolerable. Looking through the cupboards and fridge, I pulled out food to make breakfast for the both of us. "Okay, uh... palabra de hoy?" I turned around and laughed, nodding my head, "Muy bien." Knuckling touching he had got really excited.

Doing our everyday Spanish word, he had attempted to tell me that his Dad was coming for the week since it's Grayson's birthday this weekend.
"When does he land?" Making a plate for both him and I, there was knock on the door. He gave me a smile and I rolled my eyes, making an extra plate for Mr. Sean Michael Dolan.
Bringing him to the kitchen as I set up the table, I had went to greet him with a hug but he stopped me from doing so. "I've been practicing the whole plane ride. Buenos dias como estuvo tu vuelo?" Laughing a little I shook my head, "Muy bien. Pero.. ¿Como estuvo tu vuelo?" Sean looked at Grayson, and of course he didn't know so he gave up. "You asked me how was my flight?" Turning beat red, I patted his shoulder and walked to the kitchen table.

Talking over breakfast and having fun, Sean was spilling tea about Grayson who claimed that he did not know anything about it. But of course I called bullshit on all of it because it's Grayson. The one person who knows me like the back of his hand, would lie because he knows that his family does not approve of me.

Cleaning up the kitchen as well as the dining table, I was really hating this week and it hasn't even started. "Are you mad?" Leaning against the door frame, not letting me into the kitchen until I gave him an answer, I had just shook my head. "Can't be mad that you have family Gray." Whispering so that his dad wouldn't hear the conversation. "Just would've like to know before hand." Placing the plates in the sink, I went and cleared off the stove but Grayson had offered to finish the rest, allowing me to shower and get ready for the day.

Walking back out into the livingroom after a long ass concert session in the shower, both him and his Dad were outside doing some guy stuff before coming back inside. "Kenny! Come look at this!" Grayson yelled, as if he didn't already see me walking over to the back door. Crossing my arms over my chest and preparing myself mentally for the cold wind. "Look what Dad found." Walking on the side out the house, Sean had popped up and scared the life out of me. I had jumped back ran into Grayson, making him fall onto his butt. "Why! This wasn't necessary!" I yelled before helping Grayson up off the floor after he finished coughing up a lung due to laughing too hard. "Get inside, you have no shoes on." Sean laughed as we walked inside to escape the cold. "Dad look how hard Ken pushed me." Gray pulled up his shirt and was showing us his scratch marks on the side of his body.

Going throughout the day, we were having fun and messing around. Went out for lunch then shopping for dinner. It's always a good time with Sean and every time he comes and visits.
Then Grayson's sister came, Taylor. Who completely hates me. We had greeted her, everything was going smoothly until she had made an offensive joke about my past.
"Ken-" "No it's fine. Just leave it alone Grayson."

Sean's POV

"Are you serious Taylor? Go home if you're going to act like this!" Grayson had ran upstairs after Makenna. I shook my head, upset that after having this beautiful soul in our lives for seven years and them being together for three, it makes me mad that she continues to act this way towards her. "Your brother loves her you know. Don't understand why you can't. Shes eventually going to be part of the family." I took a sip of my beer then placed it on the coffe table, laying out on the couch and kicking up my feet. "Is he going to propose to her? Out of everyone he could have he's choosing her?"

Grayson's POV

"I said leave it alone Grayson. It's not a big deal." I pressed my forehead on the bathroom door and held onto the doorknob. All I want in life is for them two to get along and like eachother for once. "Come out then." Feeling her unlock the door, I stood up straight and let go of doorknob, letting Kenny come out. "You're annoying." I laughed, taking off her glasses so I can wipe her tears. She had groaned loudly as I pulled her into a hug, laughing really loud.

Getting through the rest of the night and dinner, Taylor had went home and we ended the night with a movie after my Dad went to his room and past out. Ken was laying up next to me, "Why are you scared of marriage?" I sprung up on her, just needing to know this small amount of information before making my decision with everything. "Grayson, please." She sat up and looked at me. "Not this conversation." I sighed and shook my head, "I want a family, littles one, to go through pregnancy, marriage- I want everything with you. I just need you to tell me when you're ready." Almost like I scared her away, she got out of bed and didn't give me an answer. Not leaving me with much.

Turning off the tv and checking my phone one last time, I rolled over and went to reach for her but she was still missing. Just like the night we moved in with eachother, she was scared of committing to something so serious that roaming the streets late at night had made her feel comfortable.

"The more people you let in your life, the easier it is for them to walk right out." I heard her voice come from the kitchen as I went out and looked to see that she was atleast still in the house. "Whos going to leave you? Grayson loves you, I love you, you have people in your life who haven't walked away. You're not disposable Makenna." My Dad's voice had followed right after her statement. I sat on the stairs, just listening to what they had to say and talk about. It was really lovely to hear the two of them bond. She also loves it. Makes her feel like there's someone who actually wants nothing but good for her.