Childhood friends

Ethan and Grayson have been your friends for what feels like forever. The three of you met freshmen year, before they switched to homeschool. Its four years later and now they are across the country. Every now and then, you would fly out to California to spend a week or so with them. But lately they been hanging out with their new friends; James and Emma. Almost forgetting about you and all the memories you guys had together. Its fourth of July weekend and you were suppose to fly out to California to spend it with the boys. But, plans changed.

-

Voice mails:

"Hey E, call me when you hear this."
"Gray, are you guys coming? I've been at the airport for almost two hours now. Just wondering when your going to come."
"Hey, it's me again, can you please just answer or text me. I'm worried."

Text Messages:

Skye: I'm here! Where you guys at?
.
.
.
Skye: Okay. I'm over this game. Are you guys picking me up or not? I'vw been sitting in this airport for almost five hours now.
.
.
.
Skye: Nvm.
Skye: I'm just going over to Nate's because apparently he's the only who pays attention to me.
.
.
.
Skye: I made it to Nate's safe, not that you guys care or anything.
.
.
.

Conversation w/ Ethan

Skye: I understand that you have a new girlfriend, just didn't know it pressed the erase button on your friends back home.
Ethan: 1st, shes not my girlfriend. 2nd, stop being over dramatic. We were six hours away.
Ethan: and we weren't going to drive back just to pick your ass up from the airport.
Skye: Wow.
Skye: Left me at the airport for a WHOLE EIGHT HOURS and this is how you treat me?
Skye: You know what. I get it Ethan. You have new friends. And the one person there for you from the start isn't important to luxary level in live.
Skye: Do me a favor and lose my number

Conversation w/ Gray

Gray: Do you have any clue why Ethan is in a completely bitchy mood?
Skye: Nope.
Gray: Oh... well. He usually tells you everything. Just thought you would know.
.
.
.
Gray: Are you and him really beefing right now?
Gray: The two of you are literally bestfriends. Like BEST BESTFriends.
Skye: Not anymore. He wants to be an asshole so he gets what he deserves.
Gray: Skye, are you serious? You guys always argue over stupid shit... smh
Skye: shake your head at your brother. He was the one who started it. So I told him to lose my number since he found a new girl in his life.
Gray: Omg. This is stupid. Him and Emma aren't even a thing. You and him are more of a thing that her and him.
Skye: Today was the first time we talked in over two weeks. Ethan isn't the same since you guys started hanging out with her and James. We went from facetiming every night to small talk over text to completely ghosting me.
Skye: I miss the old Dolan twins.
Gray: We haven't changed
Skye: That's what you think.
Gray: Skye, we really haven't. Maybe matured a tad but we haven't changed. We're still the same Jersey boys.
Skye: the same Jeresy boys wouldn't have left me stranded at the airport for eight hours. The same Jersey boys would've answered their phones when I called.
Gray: I'm sorry.
Skye: Dont be. You were six hours away. With your friends.
Gray: I can come and get you. Where you at? I wanna spend time with you. Just us two
Skye: No, it's fine. Nate and I are going to get something to eat then head back to the airport to catch the next flight.
Gray: You're really going to spend fourth of July on a air plane?
Skye: Yeah. I'd rather be home than ignored
Gray: I'm not ignoring you! Skylar. If I didn'g care I wouldn't be spending my time talking to you.
Skye: I know you wouldn't. Just have fun please. Don't worry. I'll be fine. You dont have to stress.
Gray: But you literally took a five hour flight to see us. And you didn't even see us 
Skye: Maybe next time. Promise.

Text messages w/ Ethan and Gray

Gray: You knew that Skylar was flying out and you didn't tell me?!
Ethan: We were busy. She found a ride.
Gray: Yeah! FROM NATE! Her ex boyfriend that you fucking hate. Might you forget.
Ethan: Okay.
Gray: you really need to get your shit together. She's literally the girl your head over heels for.
Ethan: And feelings change. She shouldn't had made out with him the last time she was here
Gray: SHE DIDN'T!
Gray: You really believe in rumors.
Ethan: Ones that have to do with her. They are usually true.
Gray: omg Ethan.
Ethan: She gets around. What can I say.
Gray: She's only had one boyfriend her entire life. And she's too forced on school and caring for her siblings to "get around" And you know this
Ethan: Things change Grayson. I moved on and she should too. There's somebody else in my life who makes me happy and laugh.
Gray: smh Ethan. She did a lot for you. 

At lunch w/ Nate

I was picking at my food, too upset to even eat at this moment. Nate was trying to cheer me up but nothing was going the trick. The one person who means the most to me really dropped me for another girl. "Ready to go?" Nate asked, packing our suitcases in the car, shutting the trunk. I nodded my head, wanting for Ethan to text, saying not to leave. "Don't worry baby, I will alway be here for you." He embraced me in a hug, resting his chin on my head; holding me close enough to hear his heart beat.

We went 45 down the road to catch our red eye back home. Ready for this journey; traveling together once again.

Waiting for our flight to be called, we sat and waited. Playing games on our phones and catching up with everything that has been going on in our lives for the year and a half.
"Flight 227 heading to New Jeresy is boarding in ten minutes."
We gathered our carry-ons and walked over to our gate. "Ready for this." Nate put out his hand, waiting for me to answer. I looked at his hand and glance at my phone; no messages. Smiling with a small ounce of nervousness; "Ready."