The Wedding

It was now the day of the wedding, where my mom was promised to someone who I guarentee will end up hurting me.

I Don't know what it is with her and her string of abusive boyfriends.

She had invited everyone she knew, which meant Brody, who is considered kind of a bad boy, and his parents were there. Brody and I were best friends through elementary, but when Middle school came along, we grew apart.

He had the same emotionless and blank expression on his face he usually had in school, yet another reason he was considered mysterious, constantly masking over his emotions with absolutely nothing!

"Hey Emma!" My old bestfriend Ethan called. We didn't really quit being friends, it's just he moved away so we couldn't really talk, we still text every now and then though.

"Hey Ethan." I said, sounding more down then I intended too.
"What's wrong?" He asked, he's always been able to sense when something was wrong with me, even when we were little he's had that ability.

He knows about my mom's past abusive boyfriends, and he mentally and emotionally beat himself up because he couldn't come help me.

"I think he might be like every other abusive boyfriend my mom has had." I said, and he slung a firm around my shoulders, his chest rising and dropping fast and deep from the anger building inside of him.

"Why? Did he hurt you!" He said his voice raising, I held a finger up to my lips and he mouthed an apology.

"No, but he yelled at me within five minutes of our meeting, plus he also has the same evil glint all the rest of them have had." I said, and his breathing calmed a little, but I could still feel his heart pounding.

"If he lays a finger on you, tell me. Promise?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I nodded falling back into his warm embrace.

Then I felt him tense up, I followed where he was staring and my eyes met with a pair of green ones. Brody!

"What's wrong?" I asked, gesturing towards Brody, it took him a few seconds before he finally looked back down at me, his gaze meeting with mine.

"He keeps staring at you Em, I don't trust him." He said, his expression serious.
"Ethan! He's the baddest boy in school, he doesn't like me, and even if he did, it's my choice who I end up with!" I whined, upset with his over protective attitude.

"I know, it's just I..." His voice trailed off and he scratched the back of his neck.

"You what?" I asked, looking into his blue eyes, he ran his hand through his soft blonde hair that was styled upwards and he sighed.

"Nothing, it was- nothing, just, nothing." He said, I sensed something suspicious but I didn't quite know what it was. I shrugged my shoulders and we went our seperate ways, he was eyeing Brody the whole time, but Brody never took his eyes off of me.

I was shaking during the service, I was so nervous.

When they kissed, I closed my eyes, wishing this wasn't happening and I was just having an awful nightmare.

_______________

Once the service was over I felt so sick I couldn't stomach the wedding food, so I just got a glass of punch and started heading towards Ethan when I ran into a firm chest, spilling punch all over both of us, staining my white dress and his white shirt.

I was afraid to look up, already knowing who I had ran into.

"I- I, I'm s- sorry." I stuttered, still making my way to his green eyes.

"Watch where you're going next time." He hissed, when my gaze finally met his cold, icy glare.

"Is there a problem here?" Ethan's familiar voice sounded threatening, he was glancing between Brody and I.

"No, just tell your girlfriend here to watch where she's going." He walked off and Ethan scoffed.

"Is everything okay?" He asked stepping in front of me. I nodded and went to the food tables, grabbing a napkin to try and mop up what I could of the pink punch.

I glanced around the room and immediately regretted it once my eyes met with Brody's. Why does he keep staring at me?

Then I saw Ethan walked up to Brody and they had a conversation that seemed to tick both of them off.

Then Brody walked off, and Ethan looked at me and smirked before walking the opposite of Brody.

Then I saw the familiar hand of Brody reach in front of me to also wipe off the punch I had spilled on him.

"I'm sorry again." I said, looking up at him and giving him a small smile.
He huffed and looked down at the punch stain he was still mopping up.
"It's fine." He mumbled.

"Ethan told me you guys aren't dating." He said, and I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.
"What else did he say?" I asked, and a cute smirk appeared on his face.

"You'll find out some day Em." He said giving me a cheeky grin before walking off, not glancing back.

Only Ethan calls me Em, and why wouldn't he tell me what they had said?

Ethan and I didn't say much the rest of the night except for a brief goodbye when his family left.

Then I was left with Brody when everyone else had kind of scattered.

"So, what did you guys talk about earlier?" I brought up our previous subject and hoped he'd give me a different answer than the last time, but he didn't.

"I told you, you'll find out soon enough." He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you call me Em? Only Ethan calls me Em." I said, and his smirk grew wider.
"Yet again, you'll find out soon enough." He said and walked off again.

We didn't say anything else the rest of the night.
Mom and Blake, were going on their honeymoon tomorrow, so I'd have the house to myself for a week.

They didn't talk to me at all and went straight to their room, the sounds coming out of that room were vomit worthy.

They were leaving at around 6 AM the next morning so I wouldn't have to see them, and I was perfectly okay with that.

My mom wasn't fit to be a mother, she never has been, and I don't think Blake is fit to be a father either, but I'll find that out soon enough.

___________________

Do Brody and Emma have a future? Or does Ethan want her?
Even I don't know yet to be honest.

Expect an update soon, I hope you've enjoyed the first couple chapters, please comment and vote, it means so much! </3