(chapter) unknown

My eyes snapped open when I felt an arm slide over my arm. I looked down into a pair of sparkling eyes that I had missed so much. 

I felt my stomach that had been constantly tied in knots, release into a pool of butterflies. 

"Hi Brody." Emma croaked out. 

I couldn't stop the smile that spread itself across my face. I put my palm on her cheek, and stroked her skin with the pad of my thumb. 

"I missed you so much." I said, my voice coming out nearly as broken and gravelly as hers. 

"I missed you too." She said, a small, but genuine smile tugging at the corners of her lips. 

"I thought I was never going to hear your voice again." I said, and her eyes started to water. 

"Why are you crying?" I questioned. 

"Because I don't think I can live without you. If we carry on with this break up thing, I'm not going to be able to live a happy life without you." She cried, and I pulled her close to me.

"You're not going to have to. Because I can't live without you either. When I heard you were in the hospital, I told myself to screw this break-up thing. They can throw whatever they want at us, but I'm not going to give up." I made it a fact. 

"Brody?" 

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

***

We opened up the doors to school and stepped in, it was our last day before graduation, and I was going to make a stand. 

She slipped her hand into mine, and I squeezed tight. 

"You ready?" I asked her, looking down at her. 

"I'm beyond ready." She stated, squeezing my hand back. 

During lunch, we stepped onto one of the lunch tables, and looked around us at the sea of students. 

"Attention!" I called out, and they all turned to look at us. 

"Emma is my girlfriend, and I know a lot of you have a problem with that. But the thing is, I don't care. Quit trying to sabatage our relationship, you've not caused problems, you've only made our relationship stronger, because we've learned that we aren't going to leave eachother no matter what, and nothing can stop that." I said, looking lovingly at Emma. 

After a moment of silence, I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach, but I quickly felt better after almost everyone broke out in applause. 

I looked once more at Emma, who was already looking at me. 

***

I think this book is about done, forget what I said about making this book really long, but should I make a book about their college years, and maybe a wedding or two....?