New legal guardians

I woke up the next morning to my phone buzzing. I grabbed it and gasped at who had texted me.

Blake- You can't stay with your boyfriend forever

Emma- I could if the police know exactly who you are

Blake- You didn't tell them did you?

Emma- I guess you'll figure it out soon enough

Blake- You're a jerk

Emma- Back atcha!

I hadn't informed the police of what he had done, but I have to at some point if I want to stay here.

That is, if the Anderson's are okay with me living with them.

All of a sudden someone bursted into my room, and I was happy to see those shining green eyes.

"Goodmorning babe." He said, ripping my covers off of me.

"I'm cold!" I whined, curling into a ball, as an attempt to warm up.

"Do I need to tickle you?" He threatened, holding his hands up.

"You wouldn't dare!" I gasped, ready to defend myself.

"I would dare!" He exclaimed, racing to my side and tickling my stomach.

"Stop!" I exclaimed, but no matter how much I pleaded or protested he wouldn't.

Finally I kicked him in the gut and he stopped.
"How could you do that?" He asked, trying so hard to hide the smirk that was still showing.

"It was easy." I said smiling.
Then I remembered what had happened earlier and my smile faded.

"What's wrong?" He asked, taking a seat next to me.

"Blake." I said. I picked up my phone and showed him the messages.

His worry lines turned into a furious scowl.

"Did you talk to the police?" He asked, turning towards me.

"No." I said quietly.

"You need too." He said firmly, handing my phone back.

I nodded, not bothering to make eye contact with him.

"I'm afraid to though." I mumbled, but he didn't miss a beat.

"I know, but you need too." He said, taking my hand in his and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Okay." I said after awhile of us sitting there, the silence engulfing us while we were in deep thought, each of our own reasoning.

We went to the police station and told them everything they needed to know. They gave us paperwork and other stuff and we signed it, along with Brody's parents and they worked things out.

I'm now allowed to stay with the Anderson's, but I'm not an adopted child, because it'd be beyond weird to date my brother.

They were my legal guardian and they said they would take care of everything with my mom and step-dad.

We thanked them and went back to the place I can now say is my home too.