Beat You Up

There was a knock on the door and I walked over to get it, my stomach twisting in nervous knots.

I pulled open the door and saw mom standing there with blood dripping down her arms and onto her suitcases.
Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot.

"Did he hurt you because you left him?" I asked her, clenching both my jaw and my fists in fury.

She nodded and bit her lip. Wincing in pain everytime she moved.

"Here, come up to your guest room. Thank muffins the Anderson's have quite a few rooms.

I led her up to the guest room on the east side of the house.

"Here's your room. Do you want me to stay with you for a bit, or do you want to be alone for awhile?" I asked her.

"I think I want to be alone for a bit." She said, giving me a soft smile.

I returned the smile and started walking down the hall when I ran into someone, knocking the both of us over.

I opened my eyes that had closed when I fell, and met a pair of green ones.

"What are you doing Brody?" I asked him, and he scratched the back of his neck.

"Can we talk in my room?" He asked, and I hesitated before nodding, confused on what it was.

When we got to his room, he motioned for me to sit on his bed and he sat on his desk chair.

"How do you know we can trust her? The last person you trusted ended up almost killing the both of us." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"My mom isn't like my dad." I argued.

"She let her boyfriends and husband beat you up! And she didn't leave them, because she was afraid she'd always be alone." He said, the tone of his voice raising and going higher.

"He's right Emma. I can find somewhere else to stay." My mom said appearing in the door way.

"No mom. He's just being difficult right now." I said, getting up and walking out of the room.

I grabbed my keys out of my room on the way past it and took my car to the park.

I got out and walked over to the swings.
It was getting dark, but I didn't really care.

Until this happened.

"Hey babe. Alone again?" I shuddered at the voice.

"I'm not scared of you Mark, get away from me." I said, my tone flat so I could conceal the fact that I was horribly afraid.

"I'm sure you aren't." He said, walking around behind me and putting his hands off my shoulders.

"Remove yourself from me before I rip your limbs off and beat your head with them." I threatened stupidly, mentally slapping myself for the idiotic comeback to someone who tried to rape me.

"I think we're going to have fun baby."