Close encounters

"Get.Your.Hands.Off.Of.Her!" I heard a familiar voice say, but it definitely was not who I was expecting.

"And who are you?" Mark asked, glancing at him up and down.

"Ethan." He said, "But he's not the only one." Brody said, stepping out from behind the shelves, an evil smirk played on his lips.

"Do you guys want to risk it?" Mark said, a smug smile on his face.
I didn't have time to question it, Mark grabbed onto my neck and threatened to twist it.

"Mark, are you forgetting we are in a grocery store surrounded by people?" Ethan started. "Including the police." Brody said, and three officers stepped away from the shelves as well.

"Let go of the girl." The officer said, fingering the different weapons in his belt as a threat.

I felt Mark's grip on my neck tighten and I let out a whimper.
"It's okay Em." Brody and Ethan said in unison, not taking their eyes off of Mark.

"Dude, what happened to you?" Mark sneered at Brody.
"You would've helped me rob a bank before you met this girl!" He snapped, the police started glaring at Brody and he gave them and Brody gave them an innocent smile.

"And Ethan, before you moved away, you would've done the same, even though precious Emma here didn't know it." Hurt flashed through my eyes, Brody and Ethan would have done that?

"Really?" I asked almost in a whisper, my eyes were tearing up.
Brody and Ethan both dropped their heads in shame.
"I'm sorry." They both whispered so quietly I only knew what they said by the way they moved their lips.

"You guys were trained not to be emotional, but you lost that reputation." Mark chuckled, as the boys' eyes teared up.

His deep chuckle vibrating his chest, in turn, causing mine to vibrate since he had me pressed up against him so hard.

"Let her go." Brody growled, taking a threatening couple steps closer.
I felt my head turn slightly. I was shaking so much, if someone didn't know better they'd think I was having a seizure.

Brody started to charge at Mark but Ethan grabbed his arm, Brody was squirming trying to get out of his grip, but had no luck, seeing as Ethan was taller by a couple inches and stronger since he spent every waking moment at the gym.

He shook his head slightly, and Brody sighed backing up, but never taking his eyes off of us.

"Please." I begged quietly, and I saw Brody and Ethan get a flash of hurt but quickly masked it over with no emotion whatsoever.

Then the police pulled out their guns and aimed them at Mark, but he turned to where all the guns were pointed at me.

"You take me, you're taking her too." He smiled and readgusted his grip.
He had put me in the right position for me to kick him between the legs and he let go of me, doubling over in pain.

I ran over to Brody and Ethan and they blocked me from Mark's reach, then the officers took out a pair of handcuffs and cuffed him, leading him to their car, glaring at Ethan and Brody on their way.

"Why?" I gave them a questioning look, they glanced at eachother and then looked back at me.
They looked down, guilt in their eyes.

"We're sorry." Ethan said. Then they took turns giving me a hug.

"Let's go back to my house." Brody said, giving me a weak smile.

"I thought you guys hated eachother?" I asked, glancing between them.

"Actually the opposite." Brody started.
"We used to be best friends until you came along." Ethan finished smiling slightly.

I was confused but pretended not to be, I didn't want anymore drama than I had just dealt with, especially not now.