Short-term amnesia

His eyes were open and he was scanning the room, his face twisted in confusion. I walked towards him and he snapped his gaze to me. His face twisted even more, and he said three words I'll never forget: "Who are you?" I physically felt my heart fall to peices, but I tried to look strong.

"I'm your girlfriend Emma. You saved me from my abusive step Dad, you and your parents let me stay with you guys, you kissed me a couple days after my mom and step Dad's wedding." I said, everything falling out of my mouth uncontrollably. I closed my eyes and sighed, tilting my head back a bit.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember. Maybe I will eventually though. So you're my girlfriend?" I nodded, walking closer to him. "I have fantastic taste." He said smirking. I giggled a bit and sat on the edge of his hospital bed.

"Thanks. I remember how astonished I was when you kissed me the first time." I said, memories of that night flashing back in my mind. I flicked my hair off my shoulder and let it cascade down my back.

"What if we relive that moment, only better? Not in this hospital room though." He said, his smirk widening. My eyes widened for a moment, but then I nodded in a agreement. I left the room to go let the doctor know what had happened to his memory.

Brody's POV-

I watched her leave the room, her beautiful wavy hair flowing behind her. How could I forget that SHE was my girlfriend?

I tried so hard to remember anything, everything, but I couldn't. Then Emma came back with the doctor and he opened his mouth to speak. "You have amnesia, it should be short-term, so you should remember everything soon, but no promises." He said, walking over to me and checking my pulse for some reason that I don't know. I nodded and glanced over at Emma who was looking at the ground, her eyes full of sadness and hurt.

Why was it breaking me to see her hurt when I don't remember her? I touched my chest, feeling my heart rip into millions of tiny peices that were pretty much microscopic. She looked up and our eyes locked, her beautiful grey eyes staring deep into my green ones, and then just for a moment, a memory of her came back. It wasn't long enough to recognize, but it was there.