Decision

"I can't go." I said, "I can't leave Brody." I said. I love Brody, I can't move three hours away from him. I really don't want to start up a long distance, those never last.

"I understand." He said. Brody grabbed my elbow.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked, and I nodded. Brody led me outside and by the wall of the diner.

"He's your dad, I don't want you to go, but I also don't want to be the reason you stay." He said, a tear was falling down my cheek.

Who do I choose, my boyfriend or my father?

I went back inside with a question that holds an answer that might buy me some time.

"How long are you staying here?" I asked, my voice wavering with emotion.

"For a week." He said, and I blew out a breath of relief.

"Okay, this was interesting. Meet me back here Friday." I said, standing up and grabbing my jacket. I left the diner with Brody trailing close behind me.

It was awkward most of the ride home, neither of us were willing to speak, until Brody finally did.

"So are you going?" He asked, his voice was shaking so I glanced over at him and noticed a single tear running down the side of his face.

"I don't want to, I mean, he didn't want anything to do with me six months ago, so why the sudden interest?" I asked more to myself then him.

"It's your choice." He said, I could tell his voice was lightening out of excitment for me not leaving.
_________________

When we got home I told Ethan what was going on and he seemed almost as dissapointed as Brody did.

"Are you going?" He asked.

"I don't know, none of this seems real, I feel like it's all pretend." I said. It felt like I was watching everything from the outside, like none of it was real.

"You need to decide soon." He said, a serious look on his face, even though I could tell by his eyes his heart was breaking.

I had never imagined two people caring this much about me, I've always been one to go unnoticed.

It was Sunday, we had school tomorrow and I knew I wouldn't be able to focus. I guess let it begin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey guys! I know this was kind of a short chapter, but I hope you guys enjoy it anyway.

Do you think she'll go live with her dad? Or remain loyal to Brody and stay with him.