Delivery Boy

The rest of the night we pretty much caught up with everything going on, (which wasn't much) and we were beyond lazy.

"I'm hungry." Brody said, tapping his fingers on the table beside him.

"Relatable." I stated. My stomach growled as if on cue. I grabbed my phone off of the couch and called the nearest pizza café.

"Ah, yes, two medium pizzas and two cokes." I said, and they put the order in.
"That'll be twenty dollars and our delivery boy will be there in about thirty-five minutes."

"Okay, thanks." I said and hung up, placing my phone back where it was.

"Why two medium pizzas?" Brody asked.

"So we can each have our own." I said, and he gave me a nod of approval.

__________________

It felt like forever before the delivery boy got there.

"I'll get it." I said, jumping up and jogging awkwardly to the door and pulling it open.

I felt my mouth drop open when I saw who was standing in the doorway.

"Hey Emma." He said smirking.

"Mark!" Brody exclaimed, fury lacing his voice. He stomped angrily over to the two of us. I tried to speak, but I couldn't speak over the lump in my throat.

"Em, are you okay?" Brody asked me, wrapping his arms around me to steady me, as I was starting to sway. My vision was going blurry and everything felt like a dream...no, a nightmare.

My eyes started to grow heavy, so I let them fall closed. All I could hear were faint voices, partially arguing with eachother; and then everything went black.

I woke up in a white room, and then the smell of disinfectant spray hit me hard. I caughed for a second and then slowly sat up and glanced around the room, empty.

My head was pounding furiously, and my heart was beating along with it, a perfect harmony, but a painful one.

I lyed back down so I could rest my head.

Then the door started to open. Hope slid through me that it was Brody, but it was just the doctor.

"You're awake! How are you doing?" He asked me, shuffeling quickly over to me.

"My head hurts, but other than that I'm just tired. Where's Brody?" I asked.

"Where's who?" He asked. I sighed and mentally rolled my eyes.

"Brody, my boyfriend." I said in a duh tone. I know he doesn't know him and I shouldn't be treating him like this, but I'm hurt that Brody didn't bother to show up.

"He left about an hour ago. You've been out for about five hours and we told him to go home and get some rest, he had been awake all night and morning staying by your side. It's about seven in the morning." He said, and I suddenly felt very guilty.

"Oh. Sorry for being so rude a moment ago." I said.

"You're fine, now get some rest." He said, writing something down on his clipboard and disaapearing out the door.

I nodded and turned to my side. My eyes closed and I drifted to sleep.

________________

So what do you guys think of the book so far?

And how do you think things went over with Mark and Brody?

Do you want the next chapter to be in Brody's POV?

Don't forget to comment and vote! 💙💖💙💖