Bring it on

Emma's POV-

I got Brody signed out of the hospital and drove him home, making sure to be extra careful while driving.

His parents got signed out a couple hours ago, they weren't affected in the way Brody was, they had a couple broken bones and bruises, but nothing else.

We pulled into the driveway, and I went to put the car in park, but Brody grabbed my hand. "Wait. Take me to the park, I want to walk a trail." He said, his eyes glinting with something, but I couldn't understand what it was.

"Okay." I agreed after a few moments of pondering over it. He smiled as I put the car in reverse and pulled back out of the driveway. It was a very silent drive to the park, both of us lost in our thoughts.

When we got to the park, we got out and he grabbed my hand and pulled me to a certain trail that he used to love. Oh so he remembers the trail, but not me. I rolled my eyes descretely as we walked down the dirt path.

The sun had almost set, so the sky was a mix of a beautiful rose gold colour with a bright golden yellow, orange and light blue.

I stopped and stared in awe through the tree gap at how beautiful the sky was. I knew Brody stopped, but I didn't look over at him. I knew he was staring at the side of my head, but I didn't pay attention. He stepped closer to me and cupped the side of my face, turning my head so I was looking at him.

"I missed you." I whispered, as his forehead rested against mine. "I'm here now." He said, stroking my cheek. "But you're not you, you don't even remember me." I said, my voice breaking, when all of a sudden his knees gave out and his body collided against the ground. "Brody!" I exclaimed, I dropped to my knees. He looked up at me, his eyes full of hurt. It felt like someone had punched me, even though no one else but me and Brody was around.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I asked him worridly as he sat up. A wide smile spread across his face. "I remembered." He said, and without warning, he cupped my face in his hands and his lips came crashing down on mine.

I felt my stomach explode, sparks shooting every where through my face and stomach. He pulled away, his eyes now full of content. I mirrored his wide smile as he rested his forehead against mine once again.

"I love you Emma." He said, his eyes glowing in the dim light. The moon had started to shine, and the stars were sprinkling around the sky, flickering happily, as though they were dancing in the sky.

"I love you too Brody."