I'm Scared

"Pass the popcorn." I said without taking my eyes off the movie.

The three of us were watching a murder mystery.

"Shh!" Ethan whispered so close to my ear I felt spit hit it.
"Ew!" I squealed, wiping the wetness off.

"Would you two please SHUT UP!" Brody said, raising his voice by far at the end of his sentence.

Ethan and I glared at him before turning back to the movie.

We all ended up jumping when the murderer made a surprise appearance.

After the movie we were all afraid to go anywhere because it was late and Brody's parents were asleep.

"I guess we're sleeping here." I said, still glancing around the room.

"Agreed!" The boys said in unison.

___________________

We didn't fall asleep for awhile, all of us were about ready to wet our pants everytime the floor creaked or the clothes dryer turned on.

Ethan and Brody had pretty much decided I was going to live with Brody and his parents for now.

"Brody, are you awake?" I asked, knowing full well that Ethan was asleep.

"Yeah." He whispered turning over and meeting my gaze.
"I'm scared." I whispered back, my eyes tearing up.

I sat up and rested his hand on my cheek and gently rubbing it with his thumb.

"It'll be okay." He whispered as I sat up, falling against his chest.
He wrapped his arms around me and we sat there in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before Ethan broke the silence snoring and Brody and I slightly chuckled.

"Are you going to leave?" I asked, looking up into his eyes.

"Never." He said, a tired smile spread across his face.
"Don't make promises you can't keep." I said looking down, and I felt him tense up.

"I don't break my promises." He said serious now, grabbing my chin with his index finger and thumb and lifting my head up so I was looking into his eyes again.

I smiled slightly.

"Thanks." I said, leaning back against his chest and he relaxed.
We lyed back down and he moved over to his spot but turned to where he was facing me.

I was by the TV stand, Ethan was on the couch, and Brody was near me by the fireplace.

"Goodnight Em." He whispered a little louder.

"Goodnight Brody."

___________________________

The next morning we all woke up feeling like crap, we weren't sick, but we all had pounding headaches which was odd.

"Are you okay Em?" Ethan asked. I'm not going to lie, it was kind of weird having my guy bestfriend and my boyfriend in the same house with me.

"I'm okay, but why are you here? I thought your parents went back to your house?" I said.

"Yeah, they did, I'm staying here with Brody for a few weeks though." He said, glancing at Brody and then back at me.

I nodded, glancing back and forth between the two of them. I honestly thought they hated eachothers guts.

"Are you guys hungry?" Brody finally spoke up.
"Starving!" I said, rubbing my stomache to prove my point.

"Agreed." Ethan said looking at me and then at Brody.

Frankly, I'm kind of nervous to see what this is going to be like, I can't go back home, but I also can't stay here forever.

"I wonder if Aiden will get over you." Brody said, flames seemed to be rising in his eyes.

"Where did this suddenly come from?" I questioned, resting my hand on his shoulder but he jerked.

"He tried to kiss you!" He snapped.
"And would you have let him?" He asked.
I was getting ticked.
"No I wouldn't have, I thought you said you trusted me!" I hissed, shooting him an icy glare.

"I do! But he seemed awful close and you didn't do anything!"

"I didn't get a chance to push him away before you walked in."

"Sure!" He slammed his fist down on the table. I nearly jumped out of my skin at his sudden violent outburst and turned and ran up the stairs locking myself in the bathroom, tears spilling from my eyes freely.

For awhile I didn't hear anything and it kind of hurt he didn't chase after me.