(Chapter) unknown

I looked in the mirror and glanced up and down at myself.

I was pretty impressed with Ella's work.

She gave me a smokey eye with false eyelashes, a nude lip color, pale pink blush, the foundation and concealer made my skin look so smooth and clear.
She gave me a dark blue dress that stopped just before it made it above me knees, and a pair of black heels.

"You did great. I know he'll love it, and the surprise." I smiled, and she nodded.

"I know he will too. Now It's time to go downstairs. You guys need to leave within the next ten minutes." She said, and I gasped.

"Uh oh!" I cried out, and ran out the door and about halfway down the stairs before I saw Brody sitting on the couch.

"Hey Brody. You ready?" I asked him, and he stood up, he cleaned up quite nice, with the black suit and white shirt, and bow tie.

"I uh- wow, you look, amazing." He said, his mouth falling agape.

I grinned, my lips spreading out wide.

"Thanks. You look pretty hot yourself." I said, before smirking and winking.

I walked down the steps and looped my arm into his.

"So, you never told me where we were going." He said, smiling, his eyes hopeful and pleading.

"And I'm not going to, I'll drive." I said.

"What an interesting relationship we have."

***

He was quiet in the passenger seat, staring out the window at the setting sun.

"Are you okay Brody?" I asked, and he sighed.

"Not really. I miss Dad. I've already lost my birth parents, and now I have to lose my foster dad too? Life sucks." He said, not turning away from the window.

"I agree. My wrist still hurts from when Blake twisted it while it was broken." I said, and his jaw clenched.

"Don't bring up that idiot's name ever again." He said, and I grinned.

"We've both had sucky lives." I sighed, turning my turn signals on.

"Agreed." He said, before clicking the radio on.

"Yes! I love Shawn Mendes!" I exclaimed as Treat You Better started playing.

"I know I can treat, you, better, than he can. And any girl like you, deserves, a, gentleman!" I sang along, although I'm sure I sounded like a dying cat.

Once I stopped singing, I heard Brody's voice, and my mouth dropped in shock.

"Brody, you're an awesome singer." I smiled.

His cheeks tinged pink, and he chuckled.

"Yeah right."

"It's true." I said, pulling into the driveway of a mansion.

"Who's place is this?" He asked.

"You know that kid who is having a party for a bunch of seniors? Its a cinderella ball, themed dance. But I have one more surprise after this one." I said, before getting out of the car.

We met eachother in front of the car, and walked up to the door.

***

"I'm glad we came here." He said, as I rested my head on his shoulder and we swayed along to the music.

"Me too. We really need to start going out more often. We have too much crap going on in our lives. It's not normal." I said, and he wrapped both of his arms around my waist.

"I know. Just for this weekend, I want no drama. Just a normal life." He said, and I nodded my head in desperate agreement.

The song ended and someone started to tap the mic.

"Hey guys. I know you've all been having a great time, judging by the looks of contentment and love in eachother's eyes. But it's getting late, so if you guys could start clearing out of here." The host of this whole thing said.

There was a round of groans of irritation and sadness leaving everyone's mouths, but we all listened and started heading out.

"So where's the next surprise?" Brody asked, as we got in the car and I turned the key, bringing the car roaring to life.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." I smirked, and he groaned.

He looked out the window into the black night.

I drove over to the park and pulled into the parking lot.

I got out and popped the trunk, before pulling the picnic blanket and basket out.

"A picnic, in the dark, in the park, at night. Now we're just asking for trouble." He said, chuckling.

"That's what we do best."

"But didn't we seriously just say no more drama this weekend?" He asked, and I grinned.

"You know we can't stay out of trouble, so why even bother trying." I said, walking over to a patch of grass, surrounded by trees.

I threw down the blanket, and sat down with the basket.

Brody mirrored my actions, and we opened the basket.

"Tastes amazing." Brody mumbled between bites of cold chicken and strawberries.

"Really? Because I hardly did anything." I said, knowing he was probably only saying that because he didn't eat lunch, only the breakfast I made this morning.

"I don't care, it still tastes amazing." He said, and I couldn't help but agree.

***

We layed down on the blanket and looked up at the stars.

My head was resting on Brody's arm as we watched them twinkle in the dark night.

"They're beautiful." I said.

"Not nearly as beautiful as you are." He said, and pulled his suit jacket up from beside him and draped it over me.

"You're so sweet." I said, pinching his cheek.

"I prefer the term nice to those whom I love." He said, and I grinned.

I glanced from star to star, but turned to Brody and looked in his eyes, before realizing the ones in his eyes were my favorite.

***

Okay, the end was kind of cheesy, but I hope you guys enjoyed it.

I wanted to dedicate this chapter to symberella_ for having legit one of the best books on here/reading this book.

Annnndddd MariaLopesFerrao for being one of my best readers EVER!!!

Thanks guys, please comment and vote