(chapter) unknown

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around my room that was flooding with sunlight. 

I pulled the comforter off of me before stretching and crawling out of bed. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of black shorts and a white sweater. For some reason, I like the mix, sweaters and shorts look really cute together in my opinion. 

I got dressed and went downstairs to find Brody and Anna. 

Anna was sitting at the table reading over a newspaper, but Brody was no where to be seen. 

"Where's Brody?" I inquired from Anna, and she put the newspaper down. 

"He went out, he said to tell you he'd be back soon, and not to worry." She smiled mischeviously before winking at me. I rolled my eyes, but had a grin on my face. 

I turned and jogged back up the stairs to my room. I sat down at my desk and started scrolling through social media on my phone, seeing what everyone was up to now. 

I threw my phone on my bed and ran my hand across my face. 

I closed my eyes just for a moment, then the moment turned into a couple hours. I had fallen asleep. 

I didn't wake up until a hand was on my shoulder, gently shaking me awake. 

"Em, I have a surprise for you." Brody said, his voice deep, yet quiet. My eyes fluttered open and I met his light green eyes that were full of compassion and love. 

I smiled at him, before sitting up, "What is it?" I asked, and he grinned. One hand was behind his back, and he slowly pulled it out from behind his back. 

In his hand was a small husky, with big blue eyes and a pink tongue hanging out of-his-mouth. 

"He's adorable!" I exclaimed merrily, taking the puppy from him and holding it close to my chest. 

"What are you going to name him?" Brody asked, taking a seat next to me on the edge of my bed. 

"Uh, Blue." I smiled, and he chuckled.

"Very original." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes before playfully smacking his chest. 

"You're a jerk. I like the name Blue, and it fits him well." I said, looking into the puppy's bright eyes that were sparkling. 

"I never said it didn't." He said, rubbing where I had hit. 

"You implied it."

"I implied nothing."

I huffed, before lifting Blue up and giving him a giant hug, I'm sure I suffocated him for a good five seconds. 

"Careful Em." Brody grouched, taking Blue from my arms. 

"Give him back!" I pouted, before grinning and standing up to get Blue. 

"Never!" Brody shouted, running out of my room, holding Blue above his head. 

"You gave him to me!" I called back, and he turned his head around only for a split second before speaking again. 

"And I can take him back, it's that simple." He stated, running down the stairs, holding the puppy close to him. 

He jumped up on the couch, and I did the same. I jumped up and tried to grab the puppy, but he's too tall for me. 

"Fine." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. He chuckled before holding the puppy directly above my head. 

I tried to grab Blue, but Brody moved too quick. 

"Ugh, fine." He groaned, handing me the white husky, with the blue eyes that I adored so much. 

"He really is a beautiful puppy." I admitted, and Brody nodded. 

"I hope I can keep him in my dorm." I said, panic starting to stretch through me. 

"Don't worry, I checked on that before I got, blue." He choked on the name. 

"Fantastic." I smiled, and he mirrored my happy expression. 

***

I hope you guys enjoyed this cute chapter. Thanks for reading, and thanks again for being the best readers out there!