There's more

Brody's POV-

The truth was, I was not alright. I missed Emma like crazy, and I was getting more worried every minute that this man wasn't who he says he is.

He claims to be her father, but she doesn't know that for certain; he has never given her information that makes me think otherwise.

I thought about going and checking on her, but I don't know his address.
Why did my parents let her go?

I decided to walk to the park and clear my head.

As soon as I opened the door, the chilled wind slapped me in the face and I smiled slightly. I've always had a passion for the cold.
I guess it describes who I am inside, cold and dark.

Emma may have changed me partly, but I'm still who I was before deep inside.

"If only you knew Emna." If only she knew exactly how much I worried about her. Not a minute goes by where I'm not thinking about her.
***

I took a seat on one of the swings and slowly rocked back and forth, thinking about the only thing I've thought about in a months, Emma, obviously.

The wind was blowing through my already messed up haor, causing me to I'm sure look like a dork.

"Hi." A girl with jet black hair said, sitting in the swing next to me. She looked maybe two months younger than me.

"Hey." I said, hardly looking at her.

"You look like you've got a lot on your mind." She said.

"Yeah, just thinking about someone who deals with more than they should have too." I said.

"I know someone like that too." She said.

"Who?" I asked, suddenly very curious.
She kept looking at me and then it clicked.

"What are you talking about? You don't even know me." I said. She chuckled a little.

"Oh really? You're Brody Anderson! Everyone knows who you are, and honestly, I think you're made to deal with more than you can handle." She said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You know what I'm talking about." She said, getting up and walking away.

I hate to say it, but I do know what she means.

********

Ohhh! What's Brody's secret????