I promise

Emma's POV-

I took a deep breath waiting for Brody to speak. He had been trying to say something for the past hour.

"For freaking pineapple farts! What is it!" I shouted, getting annoyed at his lack of courage.

"I'm sorry." He sighed, running his hand through his perfect hair.

"What are you sorry for?" I asked, completely baffled.
"Everything." He said, almost in a whisper.

"It's fine, don't apologize." I said, cupping his head in my small hands.
He looked down, sadness filled his eyes.
His beautiful green eyes.

"But it's not fine. I shouldn't have drug you into this mess. You know if they ever find out I killed the guy, you're an accomplice, right?" He said hurt laced in his tone.

I sighed. "Yes I know, but you didn't mean to and that's all that matters. I would give up anything for you, even if it means I have to give up everything for you. I love you Brody, don't forget that." I said. He smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"I just realized how fortunate I am to have you as my girlfriend." He said, his smile growing.

I blushed and looked down, dropping my hands to my sides.

He grabbed both sides of my face and gently pressed his lips against mine, they moved together in sync. He pulled his lips away and rested his forehead against mine. Both of us smiled, understanding that not many people have the kind of relationship we have, where both partners share an equal amount of love. Yes love, not infatuation.

***

"Thanks for dinner mom." Brody said, stabbing his food with his fork and shoving it in his mouth.

Anna chuckled lightly before nodding. "You're welcome Brody." She said, stabbing the food herself. Gosh, what's with the Anderson's and treating their food so horribly?

"Ahem." I said, I had made half of the dinner they were all sinking their teeth in.

"Oh sorry babe, thanks for dinner." Brody said in between chews. I smiled and rolled my eyes at his behaviour. He acts like such a little kid at times.

"Mhmm." I said, taking my first bite of the food in front of me. Then all of a sudden I got a text.

Dad- Go to the Anderson's front door.

I did as he said, and saw my dad standing on the front porch with a teddy bear.
I laughed at his gift and opened the door.

"What are you doing here dad?" I asked, still smiling.

"I just wanted to come and see you." He said, handing me the teddy bear.

Brody walked up behind me and put his arm around my shoulders. I smiled at his over protective boyfriend role.

"Why's he here?" Brody asked, a blank expression on his face.

"He just came to say hi, don't worry Brody, I'm not leaving." I said.
He relaxed a little, but I could tell he was still concerned.

***

"Emma, would you like to come and stay with me for a few days and then I'll bring you back here?" Dad asked after awhile. "Sure." I said, and then glanced at Brody.

A look of disappointment in his eyes.

"Can you give us a moment?" I asked dad. He nodded before getting up and walking away.

"You'll be okay for a few days, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, but what if you decide you like it there and want to stay? I won't be able to live without you." He said, his green eyes staring into mine.

"I won't Brody. I love you, I can't live without you either." I said, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Promise?" He asked.

"I promise." I said.