Pancakes

I woke up the next morning feeling completely exhausted. I hadn't slept at all the previous night, and it was obviously effective.

I yawned and stretched, and during the process of me getting up, Brody busted into my room, his eyes looking fierce.

"What's wrong Brody?" I asked, and I saw hurt flash through his eyes, but it disappeared so fast I had to wonder if it were even there.

"Aiden told me he wanted to get together with you again for lunch, he asked me if you and I were done. Where did that come from?" He asked, his green eyes flickering through my emotions quickly. I looked up at him quizzically before speaking, "I'm never going to lunch with that idiot." I hissed, and his eyes turned shades darker.

"What made him think we were done?" Brody asked, and I felt a pang of hurt in my chest that he didn't believe me. "I have no clue, I guarantee he's just trying to split us up. Don't worry about it." I said waving it off, but this only made his fury grow. "I can't just not worry about it, and it hurts me that you aren't worried about it." He said, and something unrecognizable flashed through his eyes.

"Why would I be worried about it? If you know I'm not going to get together with him, then I don't have a reason to be worried about it." I said, and his expression softened just the tiniest bit.

"Whatever, forget it. I'm going to make eggs and bacon, maybe pancakes. You want to help?" He asked, and I nodded, smiling happily.

***

I stood next to him as he cracked eggs in the pan and I struggled to open the bag of flour.

When I finally ripped it open, an audible gasp escaped my lips as I looked over at Brody, who's face was completely covered in white powder.

I bit my lip in a struggle to hold back the laugh that was threatening to burst.

Eventually I couldn't hold it in anymore as Brody sent me a sharp glare. Then a small smirk lit up the corners of his mouth.

Oh no.

He grabbed my waist and sat me in the deep sink before turning on the cold water.

I yelped in surprise as the water seeped through my shirt and pants. I grabbed an egg out of the open carton and got ready to launch it at him when he squeezed my hand, causing the yolk and white to fall all over me.

I clenched my jaw in irritation as his smirk grew wider until it was a full blown grin.

I grabbed another egg and threw it at his face faster than he could stop me, and it broke, the inside of the egg dripping down his face.

He let go of me to wipe his eyes, giving me the chance to jump out of the sink and grab the dish towel from the counter to dry myself.

"You're going to regret that." He said, his eyes glinting with amusement as he picked me up and swung me around the kitchen.
I squealed a bit, but instead of kicking him like I normally would, I closed my eyes and spread out my arms.

The pancakes turned out horrible by the way, :)

***

Thanks guys for reading, comment and vote my lovely little birds!