Background breakup

"Emma, I think we should break up." Aiden said, motioning for me to sit down.
I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"But why?"

"We're moving, and when we went to look around the area last week, I met someone else." He said, looking into my eyes with guilt.

I felt tears stinging my eyes, but I bit back the urge to cry.

"Okay, whatever." I said, standing up, but I felt his hand wrap around my wrist.

"Wait Emma. You were my first ever love, and I'll never forget you." He said, giving me a smile full of meaning.

"If you really loved me, you'd at least give long distance a chance! But instead, you've found a new girl already!" I exclaimed, tears uncontrollably falling down my cheeks as I sobbed loudly, collapsing onto my bed behind me.

"I'm sorry. But long distance would never work." He said, breaking the eye contact he had been holding for a while.

"Goodbye Aiden." I said, before leaving my room and getting in my car to drive off.

I pulled up at the nature park a few blocks away from my house. It's where I go when I need to sort things out, and now is one of the times.

I sat on an old stump that had been there for years and sobbed into my hands.

"What's wrong?" I heard someone ask me.
I looked up and met eyes with a pair of bright green eyes that were filled with concern.

I recognized them to belong to the quiet outcast called Brody.

(That's how we met.)

I gave him a small reassuring smile and a nod, knowing it was definitely not convincing.

"Really?" He asked, sounding unconvinced, which fit perfectly with my theory.

I glanced down at my hands and then back up at him.

"No. My boyfriend is moving away and told me he already found a new girl when they went to go look around the place. He broke up with me." I sobbed, seeming to forget the fact that I was telling something personal to someone I didn't know.

"I'm sorry, I hope everything works out. I've gotta bolt, but I know you'll be okay."

I was going to offer him a 'thanks' and a small smile, but he had already gone, leaving me and my tears alone once more.

***

I pulled up into my driveway and walked inside, knowing Aiden had already gone since their flight was tonight.

Ethan hadn't moved away but only a month ago, so now I lost my boyfriend, and my bestfriend. I'm alone.

I took a hot shower and felt my tense muscles relax, which is exactly what I needed.

I slipped into a pair of comfortable shorts and a tank top and crawled into bed.

I fell asleep soon after, my eyes stinging from all the moisture that had been shed.

***

Thank you everyone for reading! I'm close to 50,000