AIR

"What's it say?" I asked, pretty much jumping around in my seat.
He smiled while reading so I already knew the answer.

"That's amazing!" I squealed, jumping up and wrapping my arms around him.

"Actually, it didn't get published." He said, pulling me off of him.

I stared at him in utter confusion.

"Then why were you smiling?" I asked.

"Because I want to keep my reputation, duh! If I had a book published, I would no longer have my bad rep." He said smirking.
I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest.

He is ridiculous.

"I can't believe you." I mumbled, still staring directly in his green eyes.

"Believe it." He said, walking closer to me and putting his hands on my cheeks, his lips hovering over mine.

"You agreed to date me!" He said in a sing song voice, letting go of me and walking out of the room. I shook my head at him once he was out of sight.

_______________

"It's so cold!" I complained. Brody and me were sitting in the back of Ethan's old dark blue pickup truck.

Brody held out his arms and I pulled myself up so I was leaning into him.

"You are freezing!" I exclaimed, he was colder than I was.
"Only I know how to handle it." He said, his lips twitching up into his usual smirk.

I huffed and hit his chest. He gasped, pretending to be sad as he stuck his bottom lip out.

I rolled my eyes playfully at him and rested my head against his chest.

He rested his head on the back window of the truck.

I got lost in my thoughts, wondering how I wound up with a boyfriend as perfect as Brody.

He's so caring even though he pretends not to be. He would lay his life down if it meant saving someone he loved.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked somewhat loud to be heard over the wind that was slapping us in the face.

"You." I said smiling, snuggling deeper into his chest.

"What about me?" He asked, he sounded concerned.
"How much I love you." I said, stretching the word love. I turned to look at him and his eyes softened.

"What about you?" I asked and he smiled a toothless smile.

"Same thing." He said, tilting his head back up so he was looking at the sky.

"Come on love birds! Quit cuddling and have a little fun!" Ethan shouted from the front seat, making the both of us laugh a little.

We both stood up, an arm around eachothers waist to keep us steady.

I could feel the truck speed pick up, pushing the both of us. We fell forward, only centimeters away from the tailgate.

We sat up laughing hysterically about how stupid we had just been, even though it was ridiculously fun.

And then Ethan slammed on the brakes, sending me flying forward out of the truck.

My back hit the ground with a lot of force, it knocked the breath out of me. I was gasping for air like a fish out of water.

I saw Brody and Ethan bend down next to me, they were talking but at that moment I couldn't hear anything.

Finally I was able to breathe again, I was wheezing, recovering from what had just happened.

"Are you okay?" Brody asked, once I was able to talk again.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, not looking at him, I still felt awful.

"Do you want to ride inside of the truck this time?" Ethan asked, and I nodded.

Brody sat next to me, holding me close to him. I took in his scent, it was a tropical smell, but I couldn't make out specifically what it was.

When we made it home I said goodnight to everyone and went straight to bed. I was exhausted from what had happened.
___________________

Do you guys feel bad for Emma? Or do you think she's just being a drama queen?

Sorry it took so long for me to come out with the twelfth part, there was stuff going on.

I want to thank all of my lovely readers! Please comment and vote!