My Ex Is Back

It was around eleven AM, I know I shouldn't be sleeping this late, but I deserve it.

Then the doorbell rang, I groaned dragging myself out of bed, my Joggers and off-the-shoulder sweater had to be enough because I didn't have the time, nor the energy to get dressed.

I opened the door and my jaw dropped open unattractivally. Aiden!

"Aiden! What are you doing here?" I said, Aiden is my ex, we broke up because he ended up having to move away and neither one of us were inclined to carry on a long distance relationship.

"My parents got broke and decided to move back here, we're your neighbor." He said, giving me a shy smile.
Oh, I forgot to mention, Brody is also my neighbor, yet I never get invited to any of his parties.

"Oh, that's great." I said, my eyes saying something completely different.

"Yeah..." He said, his voice trailing off.
"Well, uh, it was nice to see you Emma." He said giving me a half hearted smile before dissapearing off my front step.

I used to miss him so much, but eventually I gave up, so seeing him here on my front step and telling me we were neighbors, was very unsettling, it made me feel sick to my stomach to be honest.

I wasn't tired anymore and was very hungry, I grabbed one of our unbreakable blue and white bowls and filled it up with cereal, I really need to cut back on carbs, I've been telling myself that exact same thing for months.

I sat down in front of the TV and started shoveling cereal in my mouth, while watching a romance movie.

By the end I was getting emotional, tears falling from my eyes uncontrollably.

Then there was a knock on the door, whoever it was must've been oblivious to the doorbell.

I got up and opened the door, yet again not caring enough to look and see who it was first.

Yet again my mouth hung open unattractivally at who was at the door.

"Hey." He said smirking, my eyes meeting with his green ones, that seemed glazed over, he looked upset about something.

"Who was that?" He asked bluntly, I was shocked at his question. Why did he want to know?

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, letting him in on what I was thinking.

"Because I do, if it's so bad then don't answer but I'm not an alien, I'm a human just like you." He said, raising an eyebrow at me.

I sighed before speaking.
"It was my ex." I said stepping outside and taking a seat on the top step on the front deck.
Brody sat down next to me before also speaking.

"Oh, what did he want?" He asked, emotion finally showing, although I couldn't quite decide what it was, jealousy, dissapointment, anger.

"He just told me that he's my neighbor now, he moved back from another state, I don't know what's going to happen." I admitted to him, why was I opening up to him? I hardly know him!

"Ah, I know situations like that well." He said.
"How can you have any emotions for them? Aren't you a player?" I asked, and his expression changed, he looked highly annoyed.

"Just because I have a bad reputation, doesn't mean I'm a player." He said, turning his gaze towards the road to avoid looking at me.

"I'm sorry." I said, looking down at my hands and started twiddling my thumbs, a weird habit I have when I feel awkard.

"It's fine." He said, glancing back at me, a look of hurt flashed through his eyes before he masked it over with his usual emotionless expression.

"Hey, why were you so upset last night during the wedding?" He asked.

"Because I think Blake is abusive, yet another one of my mom's relationships where I get physically hurt." I said sighing and turning my gaze towards his.

"I'm so sorry." He said, sympathy in his eyes.
"Don't worry about it." I said, giving him a small reassuring smile.

"But I won't stop though." He said, and I felt my heart warm up, Brody Andrews was saying this to me.

"Thanks." I said, and he reached his hand out for me to take.
"Where are we going?" I asked him, he was now leading me to his black sports car.

He opened the passenger door and motioned for me to slide into the comfortable and clean leather seats.

He climbed into the driver's seat before responding.
"I'm taking you to a spot I go to clear my head." He said, and we sat in a comfortable silence the rest of the way there.

After all this time we've known eachother, for years, why is he just now starting to talk to me and act like he cares?
We were best friends through elementary, but in middle school, society changed us.
If he cared so much, why only show it now?
I guess I kind of like him though, I mean, back in elementary, and the beginning of middle school, I thought I loved him, but I guess it was just infatuation.

__________________

"The park?" I asked, he was leading me by my hand to the swing.

He had me sit down and then walked behind me and pulled me back before pushing me so high I thought I was going to fly off, but all I could do was laugh.

When I slowed down he sat in the swing next to me.
This playground was next to deserted, but for some reason felt calming. No wonder Brody liked it here.

"You're fun to hang out with." Brody said giving me a small smile. I felt my cheeks turn pink even though that wasn't much of a reason for them to.

"Thanks! You too." I said smiling warmly.

"So, I've told you about my problems, what's going on with you?" I asked him, and the smile he had on his face suddenly dissapeared and was replaced with a frown.

"That's for another time." He said, he looked hurt and his eyes glazed over, I smartly decided not to push.

He reached over and grabbed my hand and gently squeezed it.

By then the sun had set and there were thousands of stars visible, ever since I was little, astronomy has facinated me, stars have always brought me a calming joy that nothing else did.

When he dropped me off, he walked me up to my door, holding on securely to both my hands.

"I had a lot of fun." Brody said, giving me a big smile, one I had never seen him have.

"Me too." I said, and he started to lean in, he barely did before his cheeks turned pink and his eyes started glowing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure you don't like me like that." He chuckled nervously, saying the last part of his sentance more quiet.

Then I brought my hand up to his cheek and took it upon myself, I brought his lips crashing down into mine and I could feel him chuckle, his chest vibrating against mine, low and dangerous, before he brought both of his hands to my neck and kissed me back.

Finally I pulled away, coming back down to earth, realising I had just kissed the bad boy, and I giant smile spread accross my face, and then the worst possible thing happened.