(chapter) unknown

Emma's POV-

We stepped down and took our seats, looking around at everyone's expressions. Some were shocked, some were amazed, some were inspired, and others looked like they wanted to murder someone. 

I looked over at Brody lovingly, and he returned the expression. "Thanks for everything Brody. How long were you at the hospital with me?" I asked him, and his eyes started to sparkle. 

"I hardly ever left your side. But there's something I need to tell you when we get home." He said, his soft expression going serious. 

He turned back to the sandwich in his hands in left me with many questions. 

We entered our last class that we had together, and took our seats. Only due to seat assignments, he got stuck sitting next to Melody, and I got stuck sitting next to Aiden. 

Aiden sat there with a guilty expression on his face once he saw me enter the room, making me look at him questionably. 

"Emma? Emma! I'm so glad your better now." A red-headed girl chirped merrily. 

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I know you." I said, and she pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"I'm sorry. I'm Madeline, you can call me Maddy for short though. I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house and spend the night. It's been kind of lonely around my house lately since my Dad's been on business, and I'd really like some company." She asked, her eyes pleading, but there was something more behind them I couldn't quite read. 

"Uh, yeah. I'll go home and get my stuff after school. What's your address?" I asked her, and she recited it to me. 

"Alright, see you then." She smiled, before going to her seat in the back. 

Brody looked at me questionably, and I flashed him a half-hearted smile. He still looked confused, but turned his attention to the front of the class where the teacher was coming in. 

"Hey kids. Senior year is almost over, and soon you kids will graduate and I'll get sent another class of brats that don't even know how to tie their own shoelaces. When I was in my senior year, I was considered the next Einstien. The teachers were a lot more strict  back then, so we learned more. You guys have it good." The teacher lectured. 

All of us groaned, and she flashed each and everyone of us a cold glare. 

Brody looked at me and rolled his eyes playfully, and I did the same. 

***

I hope you guys enjoyed this so far, and I really am considering doing another book where they're all in college. And maybe there, Brody and Emma will seal their relationship with a permanant promise, who knows. 

Would you guys ship Maddy and Brody together if Emma and Brody were never a couple? Because I sure would. But I like Emody/Bremma too much to change it.