And There It Is

I got shook awake by the same australian doctor.

"Miss, you can go see him now. But he's in a coma, and we don't know how long he'll be out." He said, his expression saddened.

I nodded understandingly, and I walked into the room, swallowing all my tears.

"Hey Brody." I spoke to his unconcious figure.

"I wish you were awake. I think it's amazing how someone can change my life in less than a year. A good change though, I don't want you to get the wrong idea. I miss you Brody, even though I'm looking at you right now and we talked this morning, only that feels like a whole lifetime ago." I said, a small, weak smile, spreading itself out on my tired face.

"I love you Brody." I cried into my hands. I was more than scared, I was terrified.

♡◇♡

I grabbed his hand gently and sat there, staring at his beautiful features that are now hurt, and it pains me more than I'd like to admit.

He looked so innocent, so peaceful. But if you didn't know better, you'd think he lost all life.

"I miss you." I sobbed quietly into my free hand.

"You saved me from Blake, you helped me with my dad, I-" I got cut off by my phone chiming loudly.

Kat- hey babe, wanna hang out now?

I glanced at Brody and knew he wasn't going to stir anytime soon.

Emma- sure, where do you wanna meet?

Kat- in the centre of the food court in the mall

Emma- k, I'll be there soon

I sent the text and felt my stomach start to turn nervously.

Is this all a joke? Why does Kat suddenly want to hang out? I gave Brody one last look before I dissapeared out of the room.

♡◇♡

I pulled into the mall's parking lot and sighed before getting out of my car.

I walked into the mall and through to the food court where Kat was waiting patiently. I noticed over half of the boys were staring at her longingly.

She flicked her blonde hair behind her shoulder and lifted her head up. She smiled what seemed genuine when she saw me coming.

This is beyond strange.

"Hey Em!" She exclaimed happily, grabbing both my hands and jumping up and down excitedly.

None of her actions seemed fake at all.
I mirrored her jumping and gave her my best smile.

"So where do you want to shop first?" She asked me, her eyes glowing joyfully.

"Forever 21?" I asked, and she pumped her head up and down in agreement.

"Sounds great!" She exclaimed, pulling the hand she was still holding, in the direction of the shop.

I picked out a pair of dark ripped jeans and a 5SOS T- shirt.

"I absolutely love five seconds of summer!" Kat said, as I gave the shirt to the cashier.

"That's cool!" I exclaimed, as enthusiastic as I could make it sound. I was still odly confused as to what was going on.

"Who's your favorite member?" She asked me.

"Luke." I said flatly. "Mine's Ashton." She chirped, as the cashier handed me the bag with my clothes.

"Thanks." I said before we dissapeared out of the store.

"So, how's Brody?" And there it is.

"Him and his parents got in a car accident last night. He's in a coma. I was over at the hospital when you texted me." I said, my tone still flat.

"Oh no!" She exclaimed once again. Seriously, what's with this girl and her volume?

"Yeah." I replied for no needed reason whatsoever.

The rest of the time we were there, mostly revolved around Brody.

♡◇♡

Who else saw this coming???
Only one more chapter😱 I promise to make it REALLY long!