He's Gone

Then the doctor came out of the room looking concerned and saddened.
"I'm sorry to say he doesn't have much time. You can go say goodbye." He said, not wanting to look us in the eyes.

I tried to swallow the tears forming. We stood up and walked into the room that would soon hold so much sadness and grief.

Ethan looked so sad and vulnerable. I looked at him and couldn't stop the tears that had started falling. I looked over at the others and saw they had started crying as well.

Ethan had been all of our best friend, and now he's going to pass away.

We all sat on his bed, I sat next to him, and he pulled me closer to him.
He did the same to Ella.

"I love you girls both, and I love you too buddy." Ethan said, nodding his head towards Brody.

Brody swallowed before speaking.
"I can't believe you're leaving me man, you've helped me out of some rough spots." Brody said.

"You'll be okay without me." Ethan said smiling.

He lyed his head against my arm and his eyelids started to grow heavy. I gasped as they started to close.

"No!" I screamed through the tears running rapidly down my face.

I was completely shocked, I had just lost my best friend.
"Ethan." I whispered. He had died in my arms, litterally. I kissed his forehead before walking out with the rest of the crying group.

We all wiped our eyes and walked out of the hospital.
Ella was going to stay with us for a couple nights.
When we got home, I walked to the backyard and kicked one of the trees. I continued crying as I collapsed on the ground.

Suddenly I felt strong arms embrace me in a warm hug.
I leaned back against Brody's firm chest and closed my eyes, just letting the tears fall.