First night

I slept most of the way to my dad's house.
Then when we pulled into his driveway, I got out and waited patiently by the front door for dad to come and unlock the door.

He led me into the house and to a clean white room with a bed in the center of it and a dresser to the side.

"This is your room. I'll leave you to unpack." He said; he turned and shut the door behind him.

I unzipped my backpack and dumped everything out on the bed. I clicked my phone on and saw three new messages from Brody.

Brody- I miss u already

Brody- Please answer meeee!!!

Brody- i love u

Emma- i love u to Brody

Brody- she didn't die!

Emma- you're crazy

Brody- I'm amazing, and ur fortunate enough to be my girlfriend

Emma- whatever helps you sleep at night

Brody- you're mean

Emma- i am aren't i

Brody- i love you anyway

Emma- i know u do

Brody- so u don't love me back?

Emma- u should know i do

Brody- believe me i do

Emma- bye brody

Brody- bye sweet cheeks

Emma- :(

Brody- u know you love me

Emma- ...keep thinking that

Brody- bye Em

I turned my phone off and started to put away my clothes in the light brown dresser.

When I was done I spread out flat on my bed, making myself comfortable. Just as soon as I had gotten in the right position, I got called down for dinner.

"Thanks." I said, taking my previous prepared plate from his hands and sitting in one of the dining chairs.

After about two minutes he sat in the chair opposite of mine.
"So, how close are you and Brent?" He asked, causing me to giggle a little.

"It's Brody. And we've been dating about four months. He's the best thing that ever happened to me." I said taking a bite.

He nodded, an unreadable expression on his face.

After dinner we swapped goodnights and went to our rooms.
I climbed into the comfortable queen and fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

***

Thanks for reading this far. Thanks for all of the reads and votes, I appreciate it so much.