Kat

Emma's POV-

I woke up somewhat early due to a strange noise outside my door.

I groaned sleepily and dragged myself out of bed, (As usual, quite litterally.) And walked over to the door.

I pulled it open and it revealed Anna's tired figure. She ran her hand over her face before speaking.

"Goodmorning Emma. I just wanted to let you know that the three of us have to go take care of some family stuff and we might stay at a motel. So you're on your own. There's a bunch of food in the kitchen and the TV'S all yours." She said, re- wrapping her robe around her.

I nodded and she smiled warmly before walking away. Not too long after, Brody appeared in the doorway, his appearance even more tired looking than Anna's.

"Bye Em." He said, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. I smiled at him, kind've melting.

He smiled at me one more time before he left, his eyes glittering with delight.

***

They've been gone for about an hour now, and I'm just now settling on the couch comfortably with the remote on hand.

I flicked the flat screen on and turned on a show for background noise while I played on my phone.

I might not be normal for saying this, but I can't stand being home alone in silence, it just creeps me out.

Suddenly one of the popular girls at school sent me a text:

Kat- hey babe! I wanted to see if you could hang out sometime?

I pondered over the offer for a moment before deciding what the heck.

Emma- uh, yeah! Sure

Kat- kool! Text me later hun!

I turned my phone off and decided to pay attention to the show.

It didn't last long before I fell asleep.

◇◇◇

What did you guys think?

Three more chapters before the end :( Thanks for the love!

Who else thinks Kat is up to something?

Please comment and vote!