Friday

The next few days seemed to fly by. Before I knew it, it was Friday.

Brody had noticed I was nervous, but I just shrugged it off whenever he tried to say something about it.

"Brody, I'm fine! Stop worrying." I said the fifth time he brought it up.
"Sorry. You're still staying here, right?" He asked.

"Yes, I am." I said, touching his bicep.

He gave a small nod and we walked outside to his car. We were going to go home and take showers before going to the diner.
"Thanks for deciding to stay." He said, not bothering to turn and look at me.

"You know how much I love you. I'm not going to leave you, especially for a man who wasn't there when he should've been." I said, anger lining my voice at my father for not being there.

"I would miss you, you've been there for me when no one else was. You were willing to fix me whe everyone else had already given up. I love you Em." He said, pulling into the driveway and turning to face me.

"When your dad asked you to go stay with him, I physically felt my heart break." He said.

"I hope you don't decide one day that I'm not  enough for you and you leave me, but I can't wait for the time to come when I only have to worry about us, about you." He said, his eyes tearing up.

"I'm not going to leave you. And neither can I." I said, my own eyes brimming with tears.

We got out of the car and took our seperate showers.

___________________

Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the diner doors, trying to make myself go in.

"Are you okay?" Brody asked, gripping my chin between his index finger and thumb.

"I'll be fine." I finally make myself push open the doors and walk over to the seat he's sitting at.

"Hi, dad." I say, having to force out the last word.

"Hi Emma." He said, pushing out the chair opposite of him with his foot.

"I'm not going with you." I say, sitting down and glancing at the torn and stained menu.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I sigh and run a hand through my hair, but then I look at Brody who is obviously scared, and I become certain.

"I'm sure." I say, grabbing Brody's hand and feeling him relax after knowing for sure I wasn't going to go.

Dad seems dissapointed, but understanding at the same time.

He simply nods, stands up, and leaves the diner.

I had his number in my phone, so I could text him whenever, but it still wouldn't be the same as seeing him in person.

It was only until Brody wiped my tears away, did I realize I was crying.

He took my hand and led me out to his car, and we rode home in complete silence.
___________________

What do you guys think so far? Is it turning out okay?