Forgiveness

Finally there was a soft knock on the door.
"Yeah?" I asked standing up.

"Can I come in?" Brody asked, his voice cracking with emotion. I sighed, deciding whether I should or not.

I finally gave in and unlocked the bathroom door and let him in.
His eyes were red and there were tears falling slowly down his cheeks.

He patted the sink, silently asking me to sit down on it.

I put my hands on the sink and pulled up the rest of my weight so I was sitting as comfortable as I could be.

"I'm sorry, I really s- should trust y- you more." He said sincerely. This whole thing had really affected him.

"You should be." I said, I wasn'tgoing to give in that soon.
He looked down at the floor, he sure as heck wasn't willing to make eye contact, so I grabbed his chin and tilted his head up so we were looking at eachother.

"I still love you though." I said, my own tears starting to spill.

"I love you too." He said quietly.

"You know, for having the reputation you do, you sure don't act like it. You're actually pretty soft- hearted." I said smirking, wiping the tears that had fallen from my eyes.

"I can't believe you!" He exclaimed, crossing his arms and mock pouting.

"It's true." I said, jumpimg from the sink to his back.
He groaned out of irritation and walked down the stairs carrying me piggyback style.

He bucked me off onto the couch and I landed on my back.
"I hate you." I huffed, and he smirked.

"That's not what you said about four minutes and twenty seven seconds ago, not that I was keeping track or anything." He said.
I frowned at him, causing his smirk to widen.

"I know you love me, but it's okay because I love you too pumkin'." He said.

Then Ethan walked out from the kitchen with a bowl of ice cream Brody's mom bought yesterday confused.

"What happened? Weren't you guys at eachothers throats just a few minutes ago?" He asked.

Brody and I exchanged glances before busting out in laughter.

"What did I miss?" Ethan asked, still completely confused.

"We made up." Brody said before I could, wiping the tears that had fallen from his eyes because he was laughing so hard.

"Oh." Was all Ethan said before returning to the kitchen, still shoveling the chocolate ice cream in his mouth.

Brody and I sat on the couch and made small talk for a few hours before dinner.