(Chapter) unknown

"What do you mean give them what they want?" Brody asked, and I crossed my arms tightly over my chest, completely regretting the decision I had just made, but I knew it was the best. 

"I mean, maybe we should break-up. We've been getting to many things thrown at us. This is going to hurt both of us more if we keep this going." I said, and I saw both hurt and understanding flash through his eyes, but it dissapeared quickly, and got masked over with the same flat expression he had months ago at Blake and Mom's wedding. 

"I guess, but how exactly do we pull that off when we live together?" He asked, and I cocked my head to the side in thought. 

"I have enough money saved in my bank account, I can afford to get my mom and I an apartment for a while. We'll just have to try and forget about eachother." I said, before dumping the rest of the dry ingredients in the bowl, and then mixing the wet and dry together. 

"That'll have to work. But I'm going to miss you Em." He said, and I felt a lump start to form in the back of my throat. 

"I'm going to miss you too Brody." I said, and he opened his arms so I could walk into them one last time.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his around my waist. I pressed my head against his shoulder as a tear rolled down my cheek and onto his shirt. 

I closed my arms and inhaled his scent once more. 

"I love you Emma. I have for a couple years. I know that when we quit talking in middle school, you thought I hated you, but the truth is, I used to love you as a kid, and I've never stopped." He said, his voice so low it was hard to make out the words he said. 

"I love you too Brody." Was all I could say without my voice breaking and more tears falling. 

I pulled away from the hug and looked into his eyes that were now glassed over and sad. 

I gave him a small smile, before turning and walking up the stairs to my room so I could pack. 

Mom and I would look for an apartment tomorrow and try to be out as soon as possible. 

As soon as I made it to my room, I threw myself on my bed as sobs escaped my lips. I felt so bad, his dad just died, and now his girlfriend broke up with him. 

Why couldn't everyone just leave us alone? Why did everyone have to interfere with our relationship? This whole thing is just stupid. 

I pulled my pillow up to my face and sobbed in it until my throat was sore, and even then tears still fell down my cheeks.

There was a soft knock on my door, "Come in!" I called, and my mom walked in, her expression kind and caring, something I didn't see very often before. 

"Hey baby, Brody was downstairs looking really upset, he said to come talk to you, because he wouldn't be able to do it without his voice breaking. What happened?" She asked me, and I sniffled. 

"Everyone keeps trying to break the two of us up, so we decided we would break-up now instead of waiting for later when it would hurt worse." I said, amazed I said the whole thing without my own voice breaking. 

"Emma, hun, I think it's going to hurt you guys worse now than ever. And with as close as the two of you are, or I guess were, you shouldn't pay attention to what people think or do. Someone else who loves you as much as Brody does, may not ever come along again. I know I shouldn't say this, especially after everything I've done to you, and as horrible as this will sound, I think by doing this, you're making the biggest mistake of your life." She said, before giving me a sympethetic smile before getting up and leaving my room. 

I sat there and thought about what she had said for who knows how long, it felt like hours. 

Is this a mistake? Or is this for the best? 

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

***

I woke up with my eyes stinging and my throat dry as heck. I've been abused, both verbally and physically, I've been heart broken, I've been through a lot, but I think this may have been the hardest thing I've ever went through. 

I got up and put on a pair of white jeans and a black sweatshirt, along with my black converse. 

I grabbed my laptop and started scrolling through different cheap apartments around here for my mom and I to go live at. 

I found a two bedroom apartment with great reviews and with a price I could afford, I can pay the rent off a couple of months without a job, but before long, I'm going to have to get a job. 

"Mom!" I called, my voice coming out weak and mouse-like. 

"Yeah?" She asked, coming into my room. 

"We're going to have to move out if I want this to work with Brody and I not being together. I found a cute little two bedroom apartment I can afford." I said, and she shook her head. 

"No. We're not moving out, at least, you're not, and I'm not for awhile. Whether it's now, or in three months, you and Brody are going to get back together. You are the cutest couple I have ever met, and that's not about to change. Too many people have hurt you, including me, and I'm not going to let you lose the one person who has made you truly happy." She said, before leaving, indicating the end of the conversation. 

I sat there silent and motionless for a long time, before there was another knock on my door. 

"Come in." I said, getting out my phone and looking through it. 

"Hey Emma." He said, and I looked up to meet a pair of bloodshot eyes that looked just as tired as mine felt. 

"Hey." I said, not being able to find the courage to say anything more. 

"I heard your mom won't let you move out. Which means we might have to just avoid eachother both at home, and in public. We'll make it work though. Goodbye." He said, before shutting my door and leaving me in complete shock. 

"Has he already gotten over this thing?" I asked myself. 

Brody's POV-

"Has he already gotten over this thing?" I heard her ask herself, as I leaned myself against her door. 

No, I haven't. In fact, I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over her. 

The bad boy isn't so bad anymore.

***

Okay, this was a long chapter to make up for the short one, but it was also extremely emotional one. 

Did this make you guys cry as much as it did me? I mean, they were such a cute couple!

Don't hate me please, and please don't quit reading, I swear it'll get better after a couple more chapters. 

Just stay here until then!