Diaries and bigger secrets

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to SilverMistDolly and Sassy_Rebel a user if you guys, my lovely readers, wouldn't mind checking out SilverMistDolly story 'Would Anyone Miss Me?' Her and I both would highly appreciate it!

He pressed his forehead against mine and we just stood there, looking deeply into eachother's eyes.

His green orbs glittering and glowing with content. I felt a feeling of happiness that doesn't usually approach me.

Finally he pulled back and sighed. "I want to show you something that's really embarrassing." He said, and started walking to the back of the cave.

He stopped by an enormous rock and pulled a beautiful wooden box out from a small open space behind the rock and handed it to me.

I smiled and opened it. There was a brown leather journal in it...does Brody have a diary? I bit my lip to try and hold back the laugh trying to force it's way out of me.

I unwrapped the strip of excess leather that was wrapped tightly around the journal.

I opened it and started reading:

I have a crush on this quiet girl, I think her name's Emma.

She's really cute, I wish I had the courage to talk to her. Why would she like me though? She's smart, and beautiful, and I'm some brat who gets into trouble a lot and gets bad grades.

I was already smiling like an idiot. I turned to the second page and continued reading.

I saw Emma today, she looked beautiful, like usual. Ethan is supposed to be coming 'Round soon.
He won't tell me why though. It kind of ticks me off that he's Emma's best friend. He has a crush on her as well, and that makes me beyond furious.

I need to talk to her before he makes his move.

Melody won't leave me alone. All I want to do is smash my fist into her ungrateful crap covered face.

I didn't need to read anymore than that.
Body's such a dork.

I handed him back the journal, and looked at his face that was a dark shade of pink.

"But that's not all." He said, his eyes darkening, and his face going completely serious.

"What else?" I asked, my face twisting into utter confusion.

"Mom and Dad, aren't my real parents. I was adopted when I was about three, just a couple years before school. All I have left of my birth parents is a letter that is also in the wooden box. You can read it." He said, his eyes glossing over with sadness and vulnerability.

I took the old and stained letter out of the box and opened it. I read it aloud:

Dear Brody,

We want you to know that we love you VERY much.
We couldn't afford to care for you the way we should have been, so the Anderson's are going to take good care of you.

Me and your father are crying as we write this. There isn't a second that will go by where we won't think of you, and think of what a great person you will be and are already.

The day you were born was the best day of our lives, and the day we had to give you up, was definitely the worst.

Please remember us as you grow up and live your life. Find a girl who will love you and treat you right.
Be a good boy, and stay in school. I hope one day to see you on the news because you have grown famous, just so I can see what a beautiful boy you are inside and out.

I wish I could tell you where we are at so you can see us when you're older, but I'm dying of cancer, and your father will be moving far away after my death so he can leave the place he lost the two people he loved the most.

Goodbye Brody.

- Mom and Dad

There were tear stains on the paper that I couldn't tell whether they were Brody's or his parents'.

I was crying myself, and I looked up to see Brody sobbing quietly in his hands.

I walked over to him and leaned in his chest. He took his hands off of his face and wrapped them around me. He put his head on my shoulder and tried to hold back his emotions best he could.

I didn't understand the wave of emotions running through me. I was sad for Brody, and I was also pained that he didn't tell me sooner. But I guess this is a touchy subject for him.

"I love you Brody." I said quietly, my voice on the edge of breaking.

"I love you too. Some day I want you to be the girl who my mom was talking about, I want you to be mine permanently." Brody said. My heart was pounding furiously in my chest right now, threatening to break free.

"I Don't known what to say Brody."

"You Don't have to say anything he said, resting his forehead against mine.

This was....wow!

___________________

Ahhhh! Omg! Brody was adopted! Did you cry during his parents' letter? I did!