Not Guilty

I woke up from the sunlight streaming in through the blinds.

I turned around and saw Brody slumped over asleep in one of the hospital chairs. He must not have slept at home very long before coming back here.

I sat up slightly and reached over to him so I could ruffle his bed-head hair.
His eyes snapped open but his face immediately softened.

"Goodmorning Em." He said.

"Goodmorning." I said as cheerful as I could be.
"What happened between you and Mark after I blacked out?" I asked, jumping straight to the point.

"I kind of, punched him." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"I thought he got arrested?" I asked Brody.

"Nah, they found him not guilty." Brody said, which caused me fury.

Then the door opened and the doctor walked in. "You're free to go home, just let the front desk know you're leaving." He said, giving me a small smile and dissapearing out the rooms door.

Brody helped me up and we went down the elevator and checked out with the front desk.

"You ready to go?" He asked smiling. I nodded eagerly and we walked hand in hand out to his car.

___________________

"Where are we going?" I asked Brody for the fifth time. Instead of going home, Brody had decided to take me somewhere else, but he wouldn't tell me where.

"I told you it's a surprise!" He said, his voice raised in a playfull manner.

"Ugh!" I groaned. Why can't he just tell me?

Finally we pulled into a small patch of grass by a group of trees.

"Why are we here?"   "You'll see." He smirked and jogged around to my side to open the door for me.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the trees. I gulped in the fresh smelling air that was surrounding us.

There was a small creek with a wooden bridge going over it. There was a crystal clear waterfall on the left side with a small cave behind it.

He turned to me and the smirk reappeared.

"No." I said bluntly. Only he didn't give me much of a choice. He pulled me into the water and through the beautiful waterfall.

There was a solid rock floor beneath our feet that was surprisingly dry. It was sort of dark, but not too bad.

"Thanks for pulling me out before I could get my phone out of the car so that isn't ruined." I said. He chuckled and pulled me to him. I crashed into his chest, and he wobbled a little bit before becoming stable again.

"You wouldn't be able to survive without it, would you?" He asked. I shrugged a bit and shook my head no.

"You're ridiculous." He stated as if it were a fact. "I know."