Bad idea

Brody, Alex and I were on our way to Violet's house. We were going to drop Alex off and he was going to throw stones at her window to summon her attention. 

When she let him in, (If she does) Then he's going to say he heard from a little bird that she has a mean father, and BAM! He saved her. 

"You don't think this could backfire?" Brody asked as we drove off, leaving Alex throwing stones at the window. "Probably." Is what I responded with, and I heard him chuckle beside me. 

"But we weren't exactly normal though, I mean, we started dating like a week after we started talking." I said, grinning. 

"True." He responded, and we drove the rest of the way in silence. 

***

I was sitting at home scrolling endlessly through pinterest when Violet's caller ID showed up. I took in a deep breath before pressing answer. I held the phone up to my ear, only to be greeted by shaky breaths on the other line. 

"Hello?" I asked, my face twisting with confusion. "Emma? Why did you tell someone about me? When Alex threw rocks at the window, it wasn't my window, it was my parents' room. My mom was gone, and my dad was in there asleep. Before I could stop him, my dad raced down the stairs and beat Alex up. He's in the hospital right now, and I'm beside him. I managed to get out of the house without dad seeing. Alex told me he liked me, and told me you guys set this up. He said he isn't mad at you guys, I just thought you should know." Violet explained, and hung up before I could say anything. 

I sighed, putting my phone down and started rubbing my temples in a circular motion. "Brody!" I called, and he was in the doorway in less than five seconds. 

"Yeah?" He asked, a worried expression forming on his face. "Violet just called and said her dad beat up Alex. He's in the hospital." I said. I met eyes with Brody, his green eyes looked concerned and guilty. 

"Oh. We should go to the hospital." He said, and I violently shook my head no. "Even though Vi said he isn't mad at us, I don't really want to risk it. We can go tomorrow morning." I said, and he nodded, but looked reluctantly in the process. 

I closed my eyes and rested my pounding head against my pillow, and fell asleep almost instantly. 

***

Thanks for reading!